ANSWERED Kinect update required

fury-fx

VIP Member
Jan 25, 2012
Quebec, Canada
I recently reset glitched my slim. I flashed my console with a freeboot 14717 image.

My problem is that I can't run kinect games in Freestyle Dash, I get an error message saying that a system update is required. If I try to play from NXE, I don't get the system update required error message and the game starts.

I searched for a solution and found that running the official 14717 system update would solve the problem by installing the missing components required by kinect.
So I tried launching the update from a USB (fat32) by renamaming the $SystemUpdate to $$ystemUpdate. But when I start my console nothing happens, it just starts FSD as usual.

What's weird is that the game runs fine (no prompt for system update) in NXE but requires a system update in FSD...

Any suggestion?
Thanks

asagoren

Nov 8, 2011
Israel
happend to me today
nothing worked ( i think its the new dashlaunch)

anyway i build new glich image with older dash 14699 i think with dashlaunch from multi builder and it then used the update (changed to $$.. same version ..) and TADA!
:)

genio123

Mar 27, 2006
Italy
www.digitalangel.it
The solution is this:
Actually Dashlaunch patches the ability of the console to check for the "$SystemUpdate" folder to run updates, to fix it:
1) Be sure that the update you wanna apply on your RGH is matching your current kernel version, otherwise your RGH will be deleted and so you have to do everything again from the beginning.
2) Rename the $SystemUpdate folder to $$ystemUpdate , with this DashLaunch will let you run the update and install the avatars needed for kinect games :D

Hope it helps ;)

Reactions: fury-fx

Ir0nman

Mar 13, 2011
You may want to clear the update data from any storage devices connected then try running the system update.

Go to System Settings ---- > Storage and then highlight your storage device.

Now enter this code with your controller.

X LB RB X LB RB X

It will ask to remove system update data, confirm to continue.

Repeat the steps for each device connected.

Then try plugging in the usb with $$ystemupdate on the root

Make sure it is formatted to FAT32

This should work

If not try it as $systemupdate

Reactions: fury-fx