Kprobe Liteon Burn Quality Testing Tool

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
FYI

PI = Parity Inner
PIF = Parity Inner Failures

Basically PI errors can be as high as 200, and still have a readable disc, but to achieve a good XGD3 burn you need to be around 100, whereas PO errors over 8 are not good. In actuality, you look at the average PI/PO, but you still don't want any spikes in PI that run high, or in PO that are above say 8 or 9.

If you use NERO CDSPEED as a disc quality test, all you have to worry about is the disc quality score which is shown in a box. As long as your disk quality score is over 93 it should be fine.

Mike B

Mar 3, 2011
I don't know how you do this Uber, everything needed to get an understanding of what the data means is in the OP yet people still ask, gonna do this test on a few of mine when I get back home from work.

PayterX

Aug 4, 2011

memorex burned truncated batman arkham city

after i use my last 4 memorex though, im off to the land of verbatim forever. already have a stack waiting.

Last edited:

petlar

Sep 2, 2011
uk
uber post 15 a epic burn. can you tell is it a india verb or singapore your using thanks :smile:

Siphorus

Noob Account
Apr 7, 2011
Alright got a few that I ran, Memorex burned at 8x, A poorly treated abused Verbatim burned at 8x, and a nice Verbatim burned at 2.4x. Needless to say, I don't think any other brands will come close anytime soon. In Order:Memorex (Huge Spike), Verbatim 8x (overall instability due to severe disc abuse when I found it :) ), and then Verb 2.4x (lowest, most effective one), ran another Memorex, this time without a spike, however I dont think these are consistent enough to use. NOTE: The SECOND TO LAST one is NOT XGD3! I did not have a 2.4x to compare!

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2011
united kingdom
I am sure uber shared this info so that we could further test our new max burners. so really all the tests at present are useless as they are tests concerning other burners and xgd2 and truncate xgd3. I am sure that the main purpose for us as we use a wide range of media is to see if there are other media on the market that are as good as verbs and share our results. If we all post tests only with verbs the only thing it proves is what uber already knows. This thread proves why there are only a limited few chosen to be beta testers. Also remember when you try a different brand of discs do a few backups with various speeds as i think that will play a part in a good backup or poor backup once that is done we can come to the conclusion that brand of media is best to avoid.

Yakandu

Jan 28, 2011
Spain
Maybe a non verbatim xgd3 compatible brand

Ok, i think i found something.
Some weeks ago i bought some printable dvds (they were not verbatims) but i checked the manufacturer and media ID and it says "Mitsubishi chemical corporation" and "mkm003" so.. maybe verbatim manufactures products for other brands, and maybe i found an non verbatim xgd3 compatible dvd brand

i think i bought this ones: RICOH ELITE DVD-DL printables (sorry, the link is on spanish) They are cheaper, but they are still verbatims i think.

or maybe im wrong :facepalm:... anyways ill check an xgd3 burn when the fw is out and my drive comes ;)

GhostFace606

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
TanonymousX
Re: Maybe a non verbatim xgd3 compatible brand

Ok, i think i found something.
Some weeks ago i bought some printable dvds (they were not verbatims) but i checked the manufacturer and media ID and it says "Mitsubishi chemical corporation" and "mkm003" so.. maybe verbatim manufactures products for other brands, and maybe i found an non verbatim xgd3 compatible dvd brand

i think i bought this ones: RICOH ELITE DVD-DL printables (sorry, the link is on spanish) They are cheaper, but they are still verbatims i think.

or maybe im wrong :facepalm:... anyways ill check an xgd3 burn when the fw is out and my drive comes ;)
What to do is download cd speed,and burn a game @ 2.4x or 4x then run the burnt game through the disc quality checker and post the resaults.That is a good way to check the disc quality.

Minne

Oct 13, 2011
so pretty much after the burner firmware comes out i can burn forza 4 with it then run this test and it should be clean?

Minne

Oct 13, 2011
this is my screen shot off batman akrham city with a verb..is it good?

Last edited: