I find results seem to vary between the different Rips I make, that said both of the burns you did will be fine with a PIF Max rating of (2), it's actually a very good burn believe it or not.I did two test. The first was GOW 3 burned at 2.4x the second was the same ISO (ripped with my Benq) burned at 4x speed.
2.4x :The second layer was acceptable, but not great (PI max of 81 and average of 5.4)
4x: Both layers were amazing. 13 PI max with an average of .67.
PIF in both test maxed out at 2.
Has anyone else experienced this? Using MKM003 disks and an iHAS324 burner. Pictures one I get home.
The high PI numbers on layer 2 made me a bit nervous. However, as you pointed out, both burns are within the acceptable limits.I find results seem to vary between the different Rips I make, that said both of the burns you did will be fine with a PIF Max rating of (2), it's actually a very good burn believe it or not.
If you get some slightly wonky burns from time to time, then you have three choices
1. accept it (If it's not terrible - PIF over 5)
2. RE-RIP the original and try again
3. Mess with your settings
I generally recommend them in that order, especially if you have had success with your current settings.
I don't get those huge variations when testing media, so it's hard to comment but I did read somewhere once that you should give the drive a rest between burns/reading, cause it could throw up some weird results, didn't make much sense to me at the time but it was from a trustworthy source so I made a mental note of it, and cause it isn't such a big deal heed this information, maybe this would work in your case?ok so i have a question. i have ripped skyrim. burned with ihas 124b and did kprobe test. pi max was 77 which as far as im aware is in acceptable range. then i did same test again and got highest pi at 145. (at this point i hadnt power cycled drive or anything). i then used nero discspeed and got 145 and disc quality at 85. so i cleared opc history and power cycled drive and run the tests again. first with kprobe got highest pi as 110 and nero gave same result. discs quality was 95. is it me or do i have a dodgy drive. i dont mind power cycling between burns but surely i shouldnt have to??
No problem, try the settings in my guide if you want to tinker.thanks for the reply. i would like to say this has worked but the first set of kprobe/nero results were last night and i did the second set of tests today. im gonna fiddle with the settings a bit as i keep getting huge spikes at the layerbreak using MKM003-00 discs. i might just try default settings with opc
I don't think using MCSE was a good idea personally, most people used this to get other types of media to write using "Burner Max" with no sucess.well i tried something new last night. burned a copy a ac-r which i kept getting max pi over 400. changed the firmware from mkm0a3-00 to mkm003-00 and got a good burn straight away. kprobe max pi was 68 max pif was 3 if i remember correctly so a good burn all round. still get a massive spike at the layerbreak and a small one in the last part of the disc. but i put it in my slim and it shows the game title and it tries to install it but fails at 43% (hopefully cos its got topology data added and im only on lt2.0) ill find out soon enough when 3.0 comes out. in the mean time ill just have to be careful with my originals.