Latest Retroarch for Switch that works with 2.6.2?

Jonesy9123

Feb 28, 2019
Canada
I installed the NSP for Retroarch 1.7.6 and it gives me an error almost every time I try to exit from within retroarch.
Which is the best version to use as of right now? and how do I go about deleting the old retroarch since it's an NSP but I also have
it in the homebrew section of the SX album menu?

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
If you are using a forwarder, just "Close Content" from the RA menu and then close the app the same way you would any other game. The "Close" option in RA only works properly if you are loading from the HBmenu as far as know. To be honest if you go to their discord and ask they will tell you not to use a forwarder at all and launch RA by holding the R button to bring up the HBmenu with full ram.

Jonesy9123

Feb 28, 2019
Canada
Ok so should I just uninstall the NSP and use Retroarch in the SX homebrew menu?
Do I hold R while launching Retroarch from The SX homebrew tab or do I have to do it
in the actual homebrew menu app? Also it looks like I can update Retroarch online in the options menu, I'm on 1.7.6 and I want the Ozone UI that 1.7.7 has, should I update with internet or just delete and install 1.7.7 to the sd card?

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
1.7.6 should have the ozone theme as well, but yes you can update online through RA. Well each core you are using anyway.

You would want to hold R when launching another game until you get the HBmenu. That will bring up the HBmenu with full ram access. Then launch RA.

Mohawk

May 14, 2019
USA
1.7.6 should have the ozone theme as well, but yes you can update online through RA. Well each core you are using anyway.

You would want to hold R when launching another game until you get the HBmenu. That will bring up the HBmenu with full ram access. Then launch RA.
How much RAM is "Full Ram Access"? When I launch retroarch using R, then check in the system info tab on the retroarch app, I get 3 GB out of 6 GB for RAM.

If I don't launch retroarch using the R, I get 0/6 GB for RAM.

Superman31170

Noob Account
Jul 12, 2019
New Jersey
I’m very interested as well. Can someone list all options of launching in a “how to” format listing accessible RAM and benefits please?

Any help is greatly appreciated!