Launch day 360 on 1888

Nick122

Noob Account
Jul 22, 2019
Europe
Hi everyone! I recently bought a 360 at a yard sale for $10 as it seemed like a very early model (October 2005) and was in very good condition. Got back home, fired it up and it, surprisingly, had the the red ring of death, code 0102. Took it apart, preheated the board and ran a full profile like I usually do with these older 360s, applied some mx4, fired it up, still rrod. Took a better look at the board and there had been a few destroyed traces underneath the gpu. Repaired those and it turned on. It's on the earliest version of blades (2.0.1888). Put it back together and got e74. At this point I was really confused as I was very careful during the assembly process and everything went smoothly as it usually does. Took it apart again, reflowed the gpu, still e74. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get home. Any ideas?

Nick122

Noob Account
Jul 22, 2019
Europe
Update: I tried turning it on 15 minutes ago and to my surprise it booted. The dashboard was crystal clear too. Restarted it, e74 again. I'm running out of ideas... Do I need a new gpu or is the problem elsewhere on the board?

Nick122

Noob Account
Jul 22, 2019
Europe
05 model. meaning u have a Xenon aka ??️‍♂. sorry to say but it belong in the ?
Well, I agree. Xenons are trash, but this one is kinda special so it would be nice if I could bring it back to life. I just can't figure out what's wrong with it :(
I might as well just throw it away and call it a day

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
whats the secondary error code?
  1. Turn the xbox 360 on, and wait till the 3 red lights are flashing.
  2. Press and hold the sync up button (the small white one), while holding that button press the eject button.
  3. The LEDs will now blink the first number in the code (as described below).
  4. Release the eject button and press it again.
  5. The LEDs will now blink the second number of the code.
  6. Release the eject button and press it again.
  7. The LEDs will now blink the third number of the code.
  8. Release the eject button and press it again.
  9. The LEDs will now blink the forth number of the code.
  10. Release the eject button and press it again.
  11. The LEDs will go back to the 3 red flashing lights.

You should be able to determine the difference between the 3 flashing lights and the error code lights by the rate in which they flash.

Here is how you interpret the LEDs to get the code number:

* All four lights flashing - 0
* One light flashing - 1
* Two Lights flashing - 2
* Three lights flashing - 3