Left 4 Dead 3 updates spotted during Valve studio tour (Rumour)

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Well Valve, that'll learn ya for letting intrepid subredditors into your hallowed Seattle-based halls with cameras or smart cellular telephones in tow. One of them has only gone and apparently outed Left 4 Dead 3 to the world, hasn't he? The keen-eyed snapper was a member of a Dota 2 subreddit group, invited to a studio tour of Valve's offices as part of The International, a multi-million dollar Dota 2 tournament which kicked off recently. The picture in question, which you can squint at below, is of an internal office changelog, and references not only updates made to something referred to "L4D3," but also "Source 2". This could well be Valve's new engine, which the company had admitted to working on last year, but as yet hadn't formally announced. The original Source engine, which debuted way back with Half Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source, is almost a decade old.

Let's zoom in on the juicy details, shall we?

Interesting, eh? Unfortunately, there's still no mention of the game-that-must-not-be-named. The revelation of L4D3's existence probably shouldn't come as a huge surprise, since Valve's Chet Faliszek admitted way back in October 2012 that he'd "love" to work on the title.
Source: OXM[SUP][1][/SUP]
[h=3]References[/h]
  1. [SUP]^[/SUP] Source: OXM (www.oxm.co.uk)

Thanks to: Rheena.com

Cagatey01

Noob Account
Dec 27, 2014
Darrell Gallagher, former Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics' studio head, now head of product development and studios at Square Enix, added today, "It's still early days, so I'm afraid I can't provide any further details for now save my assurance that we're not resting on our laurels and acclaim from Tomb Raider's recent successes, but working hard to raise the bar even higher and re-affirm the faith you've shown.