Licence code invalid?

Karyzan

Noob Account
May 3, 2019
Sweden
I've tried to activate both trough website and the switch but none of them works.

I did send a picture trough the contact form with the serial showing, but they have not responded yet. Maybe there is better luck here.

As far as I can tell, the code is generated, and this code was already written when I start the HB. But still doesn't work.

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
I would reach out to your seller or double check that you have entered the correct code. The seller should have sent you the license code to enter. That only comes up really if the code has already been used. There is no way for the license to be reset.

It looks like you are using SX Gear. Just note that does not come with a license.

Karyzan

Noob Account
May 3, 2019
Sweden
I would reach out to your seller or double check that you have entered the correct code. The seller should have sent you the license code to enter. That only comes up really if the code has already been used. There is no way for the license to be reset.

It looks like you are using SX Gear. Just note that does not come with a license.
I honestly don't know what it is. I paid 350 swedish kronor at a store that deals with jailbreak for all types of consoles.
It said on the website when I uploaded the file that I was using the Lite version of the dongle or something.

So this does not come with a license? That is really weird. What's the point of the dongle then? I might as well use my phone to inject payload.

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
There is the SX Pro (Black Dongle) which does come with a license. The SX gear came out later and was mostly for people who did not buy the SX Pro initially, but do not want to use their computer all the time to push the CFW payload. I would go back to the store and see if they will help you out with a license or you can of course purchase a license somewhere else.

Modchipsdirect is reputable.

Karyzan

Noob Account
May 3, 2019
Sweden
There is the SX Pro (Black Dongle) which does come with a license. The SX gear came out later and was mostly for people who did not buy the SX Pro initially, but do not want to use their computer all the time to push the CFW payload. I would go back to the store and see if they will help you out with a license or you can of course purchase a license somewhere else.

Modchipsdirect is reputable.

Alright thank you!
Does this mean that the red one initially comes with a licence but it has probably been activated already?

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Alright thank you!
Does this mean that the red one initially comes with a licence but it has probably been activated already?
No problem at all. I hope they help you out.

Nope. The red SX Gear dongle does not come with a license at all.

Karyzan

Noob Account
May 3, 2019
Sweden
No problem at all. I hope they help you out.

Nope. The red SX Gear dongle does not come with a license at all.
Ahh I see, thank you. Then I probably don't have a licence. But is there any red dongle that is called SX Lite?
And where can I buy a licence and how much does it cost?
Thank you again!

Sorry I just remembered that you recommended modchipsdirect but I can't seem to find the licence alone.

Last edited:

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
No problem. I think that message is sort of misleading and not really sure why it says "lite". Try this link to modchipsdirect. Make sure it says SX OS and not SX Pro. Should be around $28-30 I think.

Karyzan

Noob Account
May 3, 2019
Sweden
No problem. I think that message is sort of misleading and not really sure why it says "lite". Try this link to modchipsdirect. Make sure it says SX OS and not SX Pro. Should be around $28-30 I think.

The thing is, why would it generate a license.dat if I don't have the permission. Or does it do that for everyone who launches SX in RCM?

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
When you go to boot CFW it will always create the license-request file.

Support Our Sponsors