Link Switch account with SXOS installed

NSMoura

Noob Account
Mar 10, 2019
Lisbon
Hi all,

Apologies if this is not the correct location for this thread. This is a minor problem but I would like to get it fixed.
I have a clean Switch with a Nintendo account which I will not touch for the purpose of playing online.
I recently bought a second hacked Switch with SXOS to a friend that will always stay offline for offline play.
The thing is that there are now two users, his old one with his saves and a new user I created for myself. However it seems my progression on the games I make are not showing on my profile, something I really want to keep track of. I believe this is because I have no linked account to this profile and I only get an option on the profile to "Link to a Nintendo Account".
I created a dummy Nintendo Switch account, but I cannot link it without going to the internet. Is there any way to link my account offline, or is it safe to go to the Internet just couple of minutes to link this account in order to have this option available? Is it safe? Any insight would be appreciated..
Thanks

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Something else is wrong. You do not need to link at Nintendo account for it to keep your save data on the device.

If you try Checkpoint under your account does it show that the saves are there? Checkpoint is a save manager.

NSMoura

Noob Account
Mar 10, 2019
Lisbon
Something else is wrong. You do not need to link at Nintendo account for it to keep your save data on the device.

If you try Checkpoint under your account does it show that the saves are there? Checkpoint is a save manager.
Thanks for your quick reply! Maybe I wrongly detailed my issue. I do not have problems with save data on my games with this new profile, that works fine.

It is just that on my Switch profile there is no log of my activity, which games I played and for how long. Usually when you start playing a game it shows as "First played 5 days ago" then "Played for 10 hours or more" etc. When I enter my profile the only option available is "Link to a Nintendo account".

However, if I opt to play a game on my friends profile (something that I do not want, even if the switch is now mine) the game progress would show correctly (I suppose because he has a linked account with an email address, something he has done when he bought the switch and before hacking it).

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
you don't need any linked account to show log history, but some users reported that few games don't show up even before cfw existed
you could try play other games or create a new profile and see what happens

NSMoura

Noob Account
Mar 10, 2019
Lisbon
you don't need any linked account to show log history, but some users reported that few games don't show up even before cfw existed
That's weird, because I created this thread after reading on Nintendo's forum the following "The console records gameplay time, but it only records it for users that are linked to a Nintendo Account and there is even an option to delete your play activity log whenever you like."

I've tried with two different games, nothing on my profile, but trying on my friend's profile it works with no issues

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Very weird. I will check mine later today and post back if I am seeing the same thing. It for sure doesn't make sense that you would need to link an account.

EDIT: It looks like they do actually require you to link an account to track that info

Last edited:

NSMoura

Noob Account
Mar 10, 2019
Lisbon
Thanks I'll wait for your reply.
I can create a new profile to try it but I'm not sure that it will work.
Doesn't make much sense to me as well but I cannot find any other reason for my activity not being shown

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
Thanks I'll wait for your reply.
I can create a new profile to try it but I'm not sure that it will work.
Doesn't make much sense to me as well but I cannot find any other reason for my activity not being shown
I looked at my wrong profile, yeah it seems like you needed a linked account to view Profile, Friend Suggestions, and Add Friend

NSMoura

Noob Account
Mar 10, 2019
Lisbon
I looked at my wrong profile, yeah it seems like you needed a linked account to view Profile, Friend Suggestions, and Add Friend
Indeed..then back to my original question, is there a way to do it offline? I guess not..and would it be safe to connect to the internet just to link my profile to a dummy account I created today and then switch it back off?

I really want to keep my game's activities tracked, but if its risky in any way I do not want to try it

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
Indeed..then back to my original question, is there a way to do it offline? I guess not..and would it be safe to connect to the internet just to link my profile to a dummy account I created today and then switch it back off?

I really want to keep my game's activities tracked, but if its risky in any way I do not want to try it
It's probably not safe , but if you are planning to always use this Switch offline, you shouldn't have to worry if it will get banned or not when you take it online. Keep in mind that sx os currently doesn't support booting into 7.x meaning if you take it online now, you will not be able to use sx os for the time being unless you are also using emunand below 7.x. And you will have to recreate emunand when sx os supports 7.x in order to use the new linked profile

NSMoura

Noob Account
Mar 10, 2019
Lisbon
Yes I was not planning in booting or going online with the hack sx os on - Just turning the switch on normal without the sx os and connect the internet, just enough to link a dummy account and then turn off the internet, probably not ever going back online and booting again the sx os. I dunno maybe there are no issues and more people do it, I am just new on this and pretty afraid of getting my switch banned or something and losing the money I just spent. I am running 6.2.0 by the way

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
There is people who claim to still have not been banned dispite going online with CFW. Take that with a grain of salt and of course I am in no way confirming or denying anything with my next comment, but If you connect once to link the account you probably wont get banned. Just make sure if you decide to do it boot to OFW not CFW and def not emunand.

Again I take no responsibility if you decide to do that though.

martinoermando

Noob Account
May 5, 2020
berlin
Hi all,

Apologies if this is not the correct location for this thread. This is a minor problem but I would like to get it fixed.
I have a clean Switch with a Nintendo account which I will not touch for the purpose of playing online.
I recently bought a second hacked Switch with SXOS to a friend that will always stay offline for offline play.
The thing is that there are now two users, his old one with his saves and a new user I created for myself. However it seems my progression on the games I make are not showing on my profile, something I really want to keep track of. I believe this is because I have no linked account to this profile and I only get an option on the profile to "Link to a Nintendo Account". Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
I created a dummy Nintendo Switch account, but I cannot link it without going to the internet. Is there any way to link my account offline, or is it safe to go to the Internet just couple of minutes to link this account in order to have this option available? Is it safe? Any insight would be appreciated..
Thanks
some users reported that few games don't show up even before cfw existed

Last edited: