list of games doesnt work anymore (2.7 beta / ofw 8.0.1)

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark
For thoose with nsp installed games that ain't working on SX 2.7.1, you need to uninstall them and reinstall, then they should be working

Reactions: [Slide]

[Slide]

May 2, 2019
Denmark
@[Slide]

Not sure why I get a different result, but I have a way to get them loaded with airplane mode, so I am ok.
To provide a little more info, I am on SXOS 2.7.1. Switch is on 8.0.1. Stealth mode enabled and no 90DNS.
If I launch Punch-out (just an example AA title), I can get to the title screen and press start. When I select the user account I just get a black screen with the error "The Software was closed because an error occurred". If I select the user with airplane mode enabled I get a message about turning airplane mode off when appropriate for your surroundings, but then the game launches after I hit ok on that message.
This behavior is consistent with the few AA and ACA titles I have tried. Again, not sure why yo are not able to replicate the behavior I am seeing, but just thought I would share a little more detail
SXOS 2.7.1. Switch is on 8.0.1. Stealth mode enabled i have the same settings try uninstall them and reinstal :)

mattyv

Noob Account
Nov 12, 2003
I did reinstall. The reinstall fixed the NSPs that were erroring immediately when launched. The problem I have now is after the game is started from the title screen. Like I said. no worries. I will just use airplane mode to get past the error I am seeing.

pka4916

Aug 25, 2018
Like I said earlier.. IT'S CHECKING FOR AN ONLINE CONNECTION.

When you put in in airplane mode, you clearly get the message that it cannot connect to the internet.
so... the game is checking online.

Palinkat

Apr 5, 2018
I personally delete the internet wifi settings altogether. I don't bother with airplane mode.
I only have the problem with Doom here.

Last edited:

Palinkat

Apr 5, 2018
I meant Doom is checking for an internet connection so I just delete de wifi settings and it launches correctly.
It has nothing to do with 2.7.1 or 8.0.1.
I didn't mean to confuse anyone.

Reactions: [Slide]

xFlesk

Sep 23, 2018
i cant get latest update (v1.0.4) of starlink to work. does someone was able to run it ? i reinstalled it as well.

ofw: 3.0.1
emunand: 8.0.1
sxos: 2.7.1b

TerraFlareKSFL

Noob Account
Nov 20, 2018
Just changed into the latest beta so then update to 8.0.1, but now suddenly most of my XCi games won't let me play them anymore :( I keep getting error corruption messages ( games don't have the new updates installed for 8.0.0+ OFW )

From what ive read here, I would need to re-install the game updates+DLCs all over again in order for games to work in 8.0.1??

wtfox

Noob Account
May 28, 2019
USA
Also on the latest beta (2.7.1) and running SX OS on 8.0.1. Loading XCI's directly from the memory card seems to selectively work. A majority of my XCI games result in a Switch error saying "The game card could not be read", but installing the XCI under the Install tab seems to work fine. I've experienced some issues installing NSP's, too but using GoldLeaf helps some.

I could be doing something wrong and I know 2.7.1 is still in beta but just wanted to bump this thread for visibility.

Last edited:

gangstashrek86

Noob Account
Nov 24, 2018
this beta update crashes my nintendo switch everytime i attempt to boot into CFW. i know some updates are bad and its not done on purpose but my switch is down unless i wanna play with my carts, which is ok. i will ride the storm until a update is pushed out. I like be able to play my games off a hard drive.

When i say it crashes, it crash right after the nintendo switch logo on boot up in handheld mode.

am i the only one in this boat and if so has someone found a working fix?
or does someone have a copy of 2.7.1 non beta i could test it out with?

mcpat

Noob Account
Jul 10, 2020
Germany
Same here. Emunand (&system) on 10.0.4 and sx os 3.0.3. With airplane mode the games are running, without airplane mode the error appears...

salem193

Noob Account
Sep 18, 2020
ASIA
the games that no longer work for me are:

- cat quest with update (1.0.1)

- rime with update (1.0.3)

- captain toad with dlcs & update (1.3.0)

- little nightmare with dlcs & update (1.0.2)

Using SXOS 3.0.5 beta | system version 10.2.0

format games (nsp - nsz - xci)

install by : Tinfoil and USB Tinfoil (ver 8.00), SXinstaller (ver 3.0.2) and by album insaller