Lite-On 93450c 0x7F error

evets122

Noob Account
Jul 8, 2010
Hi everybody,
I have a Lite-On 93450c drive which I attempted to flash a few days ago. Using the JF guide, I was able to successfully cut the traces, use a CK3 Pro/Xecuter Probe II to obtain the OFW, and (where the guide gives the choice of either "Erase & Write" or go straight to "Write") I continued to probe and when straight to write. Everything seemed to flash fine. I repaired the traces (continuity tested successfully with a multimeter), put the drive back in the Xbox, and when I went to test, the console light blinks rapidly and the drive will not eject. After plugging it back into the PC (Win7 32bit), the drive is not recognized.
I’ve been researching this and I see that this is not uncommon. That somehow the firmware never got on there and the drive is not really bricked, but blank. However I have been trying for days to get this working with no success. The 2 most popular methods that I’ve seen have not helped.
The first method, using “Lite-On Erase” in MTK Flash 32 Tab of JF just returns a status of 0x7F and a message saying the Device intro failed.
The second method, using DOSFlash and l-o-eras.exe simply says “Status FF7F”, no matter how many times I retype the command and power cycle the DVD drive.
If there is any additional info needed, please tell me. I have worked on other drives before, and even hooked up a previously modded Xbox drive to Jf just to make sure all equipment was working fine(it was) . Hopefully someone has an idea of what steps to take next to help me out of this. Thanks!

evets122

Noob Account
Jul 8, 2010
Ahhh was hoping not to hear that =( I have not looked into replacing a drive so let me ask, if I buy a new Lite-on drive, does it have to be the same version? And since I've already obtained the OFW and key of this dead one, would I simply have to move onto the "Erase and write" step of the firmware flashing process of the new drive, or is it more involved than that?

evets122

Noob Account
Jul 8, 2010
Ok well thanks for the info (and saving me some more time working on this)! Just curious, if the drive was completely recognizeable and functioning in JF once it was initially worked on, and then put back in the xbox giving this error, what could have caused it to become dead? There were no shortages at all where the traces were repaired. I ask only so I can know what to look for incase I ever work on a Lite-on again.

ripalsanghani

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois, USA
Seems like if it powers on, you should be able to atleast intro the device. I knew my drive was dead when it didnt power at all. You are able to power, correct? I'd post pics of your work to have the experts take a look.

evets122

Noob Account
Jul 8, 2010
Sorry for the quality, I don't have my digi camera here so this is the best my phone would actually produce.

sick360mods

BANNED
Mar 22, 2010
Longisland , New York
what makes you say he needs a new drive. the drive is either not repaired properly or had a bad flash. both of which can be easily fixed. post pics of your repair mate.
he said that he tested the repair with a multimeter and they were good. now his drive isnt showing up in jungleflasher and if his repair was bad he would get 3 red lights if he went off the traces. when i get the center light blinking its from the drive just dying. thats y i thought it might be dead

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk
the center blinking light means the drives not detected, which jf confirms. although he said the drive was repaired properly id still like to see repair pics. drives dont just die for no reason, ive done literally hundreds of these things and have never had it happen to me. as long as its not been reverse powered or the mt chip blown then the drive is recoverable. if the ops from the uk and wants to pay postage ill recover and flash the drive for him as long as he pays postage.

EDIT: just spotted pics, pad 101 looks dodgy and would give all these symptoms if damaged.

Last edited:

evets122

Noob Account
Jul 8, 2010
Thank you for the offer, but I do live in the US. I ordered another Lite-on drive, which I'll just dump the CFW created from the "dead" drive onto. I'd have liked to still recover this drive as a backup, but if its looking like pad 101 is busted then it doesn't seem worth the hassle of trying to fix it. Seeing as I was able to get the OFW, key, dummy, and CFW bins, it shouldn't be a problem getting new drive modded into the current Xbox.

sebastian79hl

VIP Member
Totaly Confirme to Flashing!

I did a lot of Lite´s as well and never was one "dead".

Bad Flash or unproper repair.... in 99,9 %.

I can understand you wnat to fire your Box on and get it going but don´t just throw the "dead" one in the bin!

It´s probably easier then you think to fix it.

Greetz Seb.