Lite-On Flash Success with USB SATA to USB device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trmoss11

May 15, 2010
Hey guys. This is my first post as well as first go at the whole mod thing. Please forgive me or be patient with my lack of experience. Thanks!

After researching all the different possiblilities to flash my Lite on Drive, I figured I would give it a shot afterall, I did have a COD M2 iso recently backed up :)

I asked my dad who is a computer technician if he had a VIA SATA card and he brought me a USB with an IDE and SATA port at the end. I figured this should work. Tried iPrep 008 and all the other firmware versions to no avail of my computer to recognizing the drive I hooked up. Finally I downloaded iPrep 12 and made the proper USB Boot-up BIOS tool. Shut down and configured the BIOS startup order to go from the USB. After I started it up again it loaded correctly from the flash drive and typed in the L84 and the serial number. At first it didnt work, but tried again. This time I put a w at the end of the serial number and it went on to try a Germania method or something. Asked me to open and half way close the DVD and turn off and on again. I did and continued like it said. It then went on to say success in green letters and asterisks and stated that the Backups were stored in a backups file. Then went back to the C:\ prompt.

My question is did it really flash the DVD Drive or did it think it did without really working. Is there a test of some sort that I can do before I re-assemble and figuratively waste a DVD disc trying? Also is anyone familiar with the USB to SATA device my dad told me to try? Thanks!

This is a support forum for users of Xecuter products.

If you had bothered to read any tutorial you would know that USB to sat do not work with any drives other than the old hitachi.

Buy the hardware you need to do the job right and don't be a cheap ass

trmoss11

May 15, 2010
I dont believe I dumped the drive. I dont have the ck3 probe. I downloaded a ton of firmwares and different iPrep and iXteme programs to no avail.

Where should I start again? Im lost.

Thanks teajunkie

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk
if you were from the uk i would have sent you a probe 1 for free. tbh mate you really need a probe to probe the r707 hole to extract the dvd key. have a read through the jf tut about the 7 series liteon.

trmoss11

May 15, 2010
thanks man. I wish I knew a lot more about this stuff. Its tricky to learn from just reading online stuff cause you never know if it is legit or not and plus its tough to comprehend without anyone explaining what it means or what it does. Any clue on where the best tut is for jf on the 7 series lite on?

Status
Not open for further replies.