GENERAL Lite-on Ihas324-98 b

pspin

VIP Member
Jul 9, 2010
Florida
So just recently I had this disc drive crap out on me at first glance I thought that the sata connection within pc was loose. Turns out drive is not getting power at all luckily I have 4 discs drive so now I am just down to 3. So the reason for the post is to see what are anyone's thought on reviving drive if possible I have a multimeter handy if i need to check for something related to that. I would love to get this drive back online as the market is drying up on these and very pricey as to when they first came out. I know that I could just go out and get a ihas d or any other drive and use it with BMP Tool but I prefer flashing the drive with firmware. My first guess is there anyway I can swap out the power source or will that conflict where flash chip is. As for the drive itself it has been used plenty but is still fairly young got it about just over a year ago. Appreciate any direction at this point but not that huge of a deal as I still have 3 remaining drives.

pspin

VIP Member
Jul 9, 2010
Florida
No ideas any1 please someone throw me a bone on what I should do maybe just throw it in trash huh.