Lite-On Problems.

ThaXecuter

Jul 22, 2010
Hello,
I have put the trace cuts where they need to be and scratched the pads the way they need to be. However I was a little rougher than I should have been, and did not have the correct tools at the time, and may have damaged the board. But anyway, when I have the switch in MRA mode, the CT light is green, but the drive won’t eject, be detected by the computer or anything. An when I flip the switch from MRA mode to normal and press the CT button the light is red. Also, sometimes my light goes out on my CK3 Lite. So I kind of assume there is a short somewhere on the board? Is My drive FUBARed?
Also, I am unable to post pictures right now, and my drive is the 93450C series.

Last edited:

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk
wtf is that? show me where in the tuts it shows you to scrape off half your board? anyway it looks like youve destroyed your pads so id be giving teajunkie a shout if youre in the uk or xmods if youre in the usa.

trust me that is well beyond your ability to fix.

Last edited:

Skinleech

Sep 28, 2005
Oh dear. I have the same issue, the drive started going mad after I put it all back together (green lights on trace cuts). When I ejected with my CK3 Pro it would sometimes shoot the drive tray our really fast, sometime not at all, sometimes just pop open a little.

Now it doesn't eject at all using the CK3 or plugged back into the console. I didn't think I was overly rough when removing the laminate on the PCB.

I'll get a pic up soon for some confirmation from you guys.

Here we go. How bad is my work then?

The first pic is of the re-assmbled drive in case I've made some moronic error & not plugged everything back correctly.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited: