GENERAL Lite-On Spoofed as Samsung ms25 cant get into vendor mode

Grizco

Noob Account
Nov 13, 2009
Hey guys as u can see i'm having some issues here. I got a liteon spoofed as a samsung ms25 and i cannot get it into vendor mode for the life of me. I have tried the activate.iso as well as tray half open methods with no luck. JF recognizes the drive and shows sammy ms25 under drive properties. tried sammy unlock button it fails @ stage1, using the phat key and dummy from ixtreme buttons i was able to get the dvd key and see that the drive has 1.6 on it. So i'm thinking that if i can get it into vendor mode i'm golden and should be able to update to LT 2.0. The drive did get an e66 error during a system update. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys.

secgc

BANNED
You are getting an E66 error on dash update, as the console is recognising that you have a sppofed Drive.

If you origianlly had a Samsung in, then spoofed a Lite on, to think its a Samsung *weird, as we used to do the exact opposite, when the 74 series Liteon 1st came out*, then you will need to replace the Sammy, with another 74 series Liteon, do the Dash update, then the 74 series will be 2501, then you will need to use a probe 3, on MPX01 point, to extract the key, & reflash.

New Dashbord after 599 WILL NOT SUPPORT Spoofed drives

Grizco

Noob Account
Nov 13, 2009
You are getting an E66 error on dash update, as the console is recognising that you have a sppofed Drive.

If you origianlly had a Samsung in, then spoofed a Lite on, to think its a Samsung *weird, as we used to do the exact opposite, when the 74 series Liteon 1st came out*, then you will need to replace the Sammy, with another 74 series Liteon, do the Dash update, then the 74 series will be 2501, then you will need to use a probe 3, on MPX01 point, to extract the key, & reflash.

New Dashbord after 599 WILL NOT SUPPORT Spoofed drives
Thanks for ur input. So i'm still a bit lost wouldnt i need to get a new sammy to do the update? and if i did use a new liteon 74 would i need to spoof it back to a sammy again? This is confusing as like u said i've never seen a liteon spoofed as a sammy

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Get a new Samsung drive, spoofing isn't supported and you will receive errors like the one you got.

Grizco

Noob Account
Nov 13, 2009
Get a new Samsung drive, spoofing isn't supported and you will receive errors like the one you got.
Ok thats what i was thinking now i've looked online and cant seem to find a ms25 anywhere, lots of ms28s though. Does it matter if i get a ms28 vs. ms25 or is a sammy a sammy as long as the dvdkey matches?

Thanks.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
An MS28 will be fine, LT+ 2.0 is based on MS28 firmware and all Samsung drives are updated to MS28 after the dashboard update.