Liteon 74850 - How To Flash

Wiiickkedx

Aug 4, 2010
Re: Liteon 74850 - How To Flash iXtreme LT v1.1

ye thats ok anyway thanks for reply guy's i hope im gonna order the lt switch then and wish me luck flashing my drive ;)

sp4rkst4rt3r

VIP Member
Oct 9, 2010
North-West (UK)

I have a Lite-on 74850C dvd drive.
It is a virgin drive.
Do I need to cut pads 122 and 101? (as per tut vid:- How To Cut The Liteon PCB Traces).

I have done a couple of BenQ drives with success (wish they were all this easy).

Great site, tutorials and support :)

Cbagger

Nov 27, 2010

When i come to the step, where i have to click on DVDKey32, it says ....... Serial Data is bad,

DVDkey files extraction aborted!.

What's up with that?

Also.. Do i need to have the original Firmware and DVDKey? My drive is allready flashed/firmwared.. But it wasnt me there did it that time?.

Would be great if some one knew something about this stuff :)

- Christoffer

Last edited:

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA

I have a Lite-on 74850C dvd drive.
It is a virgin drive.
Do I need to cut pads 122 and 101? (as per tut vid:- How To Cut The Liteon PCB Traces).

I have done a couple of BenQ drives with success (wish they were all this easy).

Great site, tutorials and support :)
where does it say to cut traces for a Liteon 74850 ?

That's right - it doesn't :)

You just use a Probe - exactly how the video shows you and all the 74850 tutorials

M1chael

Jan 29, 2010

where does it say to cut traces for a Liteon 74850 ?

That's right - it doesn't :)

You just use a Probe - exactly how the video shows you and all the 74850 tutorials
Hello,

How can i get the key from a drive already flashed?

Model: 74850C

Is there a video?

bdemutis

Noob Account
Dec 16, 2010

some one pleaase help me my vendor shows up as phillips and the name is diffrent two but my case on my drive says phillips lite on fw ver: 74850c model number on case is DG-16d2s please help me

Polarblade

Jul 5, 2009
Republic of Ireland

Yeah the same video that is in this thread - unless you have the key saved somewhere or you can try ctrl + F12 in JF for the key database
thanks for clarrifying, so basically, iv a liteon 74850c, i dont have the original stock firmware or dvd key files saved, iv LT v1.0 currently on the drive, so all i need to now, is purchase the probe II and use it in conjuction with my ck3 pro kit, as shown in the video of this thread, and thats it?

no cutting traces and this entire process can be repeated for future firmware upgrades without the need to purchase any additional hardware? (even if i accidently delete my saved files, firmware, dvd key, etc. again).

so my steps to summarise are:

1. make sure the OP switch on the Probe II is set to UP (on) position
2. power on the ck3 pro (or lite) to check to see if everything is working (correct lights on probe)
3. turn ck3 off again.
4. place probe II on the 2 points shown in this video
5. turn ck3 on
6. open jungleflasher, find drive by selecting correct I/O port
7. press 'intro/device ID' button
8. power off the ck3, push the OP button on Probe II down (off)
9. A box will then appear on screen, asking to resend the command, -> click Yes
10. Power the ck3 back on (should have red light, but if not, dont worry, just continue)
11. under the flash chip properties in jungleflasher, should get status 0x72 for the drive -> now in vendor mode -> ASAP press the OP switch to put to Up position again (on) (should have a return to a green light on the probe)
12. keep probe II on the 2 holes and dump the firmware by pressing 'Read'.

Now i have a choice:

1. just remove the probe, power off the ck3 and SAVE that original drive firmware or OFW. can then proceed to erase and flash the drive as normal, by loading the OFW as source and autoloading the target fw (in this case LT+ v1.1 :) ) with JF. proceed to ERASE and then WRITE.

OR

2. continue on from step 12, allow Jungleflasher to autoload the LT+ firmware, and WRITE to drive.

now, is this exactly what I should do? im purchsing the probe II tonight, so im gonna make sure im on the right track before i do something else stupid.

iv been reading tutorials but iv been getting so confused and reading other people's issues is also confusing me. im like a monkey, i need to be told, do this, click this, do this exactly and nothing can go wrong type of directions :)

EDIT 2: wait, since i dont have either my OFW or dvd key, must the trace cutting be done on this drive? and then follow the MRA hack steps

Last edited:

frayed

DINDU NUFFIN
VIP Member
Dec 22, 2010
Stuck in your tub

iv been reading tutorials but iv been getting so confused and reading other people's issues is also confusing me. im like a monkey, i need to be told, do this, click this, do this exactly and nothing can go wrong type of directions :)
don't worry about other people's issues. follow the tutorial and deal with "your issues" if you happen to come across any.

just remember to be patient and take your time, this is not a race

dermatic

Noob Account
Jan 23, 2011
Thanks so much, this video made my day! ;-)

I always got the error message: Serial data is bad.

I saw that you push the button on top of the CK3 probe v.2 when getting the key, that was my mistake.

So thanks again!