LITEON 83850 v1 Liteon 8385 Wont update (recoverd key with RGH)

xboxguide360

Noob Account
Jul 27, 2010
Hello. Let me start by thanking everyone for helping first. Here is the deal. I bought a jasper console and it was missing the dvd key. I recovered the key and unlocked the nand dump with the rgh (got cpu key). In flash tool it says dashboard is 12625 and the the original dvd drive was a 8385. I have a liteon 7 series drive that I have tried flashing with original liteon firmware before the 13 dashboard. Tried the 7 series and 8 series and 9 series firmware and I keep getting the error code for the dvd drive on the update. I also tried the 0250 firmware and same thing. What is weird is I spoofed a hitachi drive with the same key and play games fine but the liteon drive always says play dvd no matter what firmware and it is the same key. Im pretty sure the drive is good since I just ripped 360 discs with the same liteon drive using the 800 v3 firmware just a couple days ago. Does anyone know what I can do to get this xbox to update seeing that I want to take it online?

xboxguide360

Noob Account
Jul 27, 2010
I didnt use jungleflasher to flash it. I only used jungleflasher to create the bin files for the liteon and then used dosflash (32 bit) and l-o-eras for it. Everytime it says play dvd but the hitachi works fine for original games when it is spoofed with 8 series key that I recovered.

xboxguide360

Noob Account
Jul 27, 2010
Ok I did not know you didnt support those programs. Its all good though. I got it fixed. I guess you have to use the original liteon model for it to update because I found a 8 series and flashed it with stock firmware and key and she updated finally. Thanks though guys.