Liteon DG-16D2S 74850C - Step-By-Step Guide (Mini Probe, Probe 1 & Probe 2.x Method)

Re: Liteon DG-16D2S 74850C - Step-By-Step Guide (Probe 1 & Probe 2.x Method)

Just make like easier on yourself and get a x360usb Pro + CK3 Pro + Probe III.
With that, you will be able to flash the other 2 ( 8 (v2) and 9 series ) Liteon drives aswell. Or just get a Probe I instead of 3.
Gosh, how can you make life so hard. I got the x360usbpro after being a VIA junkie and now I'm kicking myself in "Why didn't I get the x360usb pro before!?!?". Trust me, it will be worth every single penny.

TomElZ

Jan 19, 2011

What is the process for upgrading from LT+? Is it the same process as the later Lite-On series?

PhAnToM1004

Jan 24, 2011

just a quick question. will probing r707 garentee reading the key. as i tried it about 2 months ago and never got a read.. how ever i do believe that i had the cable round the wrong way :p

EDIT: Using a probe V2

Last edited:

YorkM

Noob Account
Dec 20, 2010
France

Hi

Will there be a guide to Liteon DG-74850C 16D2S with Probe 3 ?

Thanks

guy_haron

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2011

just a quick question. will probing r707 garentee reading the key. as i tried it about 2 months ago and never got a read.. how ever i do believe that i had the cable round the wrong way :p

EDIT: Using a probe V2
Yeah, Being done correctly it will. :)

p.s. Unless you flashed your drive already. (in that case use MRA/PMT)

Last edited:

mr_cowboy1

Noob Account
Apr 25, 2011
Re: Liteon DG-16D2S 74850C - Step-By-Step Guide (Mini Probe, Probe 1 & Probe 2.x Meth

I may be a total idiot for posting this, but being this is my first time ever cracking open my xbox and I don't really want to brick it, looking at the picture for connections, the probe looks just like the probe 3. I have everything for the connector kit that is shown, but when I received it, I got a probe 2.1 which has 2 connection points to the drive. you don't show that one in here. which probe point should I use to get the key. i've had my xbox apart now for over 2 weeks waiting for answers. I'd really like to try this so now I'm begging if someone will clarify. I've got the dg-16d2s 74850 drive. thanks and be nice, I'm new. (i know it's not a good excuse though.)

mr_cowboy1

Noob Account
Apr 25, 2011
Re: Liteon DG-16D2S 74850C - Step-By-Step Guide (Mini Probe, Probe 1 & Probe 2.x Meth

Seeing as you have the probe 2.1, use that to get the key following the instructions for 74850c stock here:

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53557
that was a great thread and I finally got my key. now the problem is I was getting invalid drive status, so I just let everything sit and started researching and then rebooted the computer and decided to use the button to eject the drive and start somewhere in the middle for vendor mode and found out that I can't see to get my drive to do anything. it isn't found on the computer, and it won't eject from the button on the ck3. I've included the jf.log file if anyone can go through it and tell me what it's telling me at the end for the 0x80 error, and also, why won't my drive act like it's got power when I didn't change anything? I've been fighting this for a while, I hope I didn't brick my drive, but I do have the drive key if that means anything.

Paul

mr_cowboy1

Noob Account
Apr 25, 2011

that was a great thread and I finally got my key. now the problem is I was getting invalid drive status, so I just let everything sit and started researching and then rebooted the computer and decided to use the button to eject the drive and start somewhere in the middle for vendor mode and found out that I can't see to get my drive to do anything. it isn't found on the computer, and it won't eject from the button on the ck3. I've included the jf.log file if anyone can go through it and tell me what it's telling me at the end for the 0x80 error, and also, why won't my drive act like it's got power when I didn't change anything? I've been fighting this for a while, I hope I didn't brick my drive, but I do have the drive key if that means anything.

Paul
ok, fixed my problem. still don't know why but what I ended up doing was to go from JF .84 to jf .74 and that allowed me to flash the drive with my dummy.bin file. I was able to play the burned games after that. don't know if that's the right way to do it, but it appears to work. if anyone sees that I caused myself a problem, please let me know now. :) thanks.

jaspar123

Noob Account
Oct 4, 2010

:facepalm: I've been trawling all over the forums now and can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for. Someone please help.

Here's my setup.

Liteon DG-16D2S 74850C
Flashed with iXtreme LT 1.1
Dashboard 2.0.12625.0

I initially flashed my stock firmware using CK3 PRO and a CK3 Probe II, and now I want to re-flash the firmware with iXtreme LT+ v2.0. I have my original dump.

So here are my questions.

Do I have to:-

1. First reflash with stock firmware? If yes can I use my CK3 PRO and CK3 Probe II?

2. Update my xbox with a newer dashboard from microsoft? Do I need the newer dashboard to run iXtreme LT+ v2.0?

3. Can I use my CK3 PRO and CK3 Probe II to flash the firmware with iXtreme LT+ v2.0? Or do I need a X360USB PRO and CK3 Probe 3?

Someone please clarify to save all this confusion. :facepalm:

Thanks in advance.