Liteon DG-16D2S 74850C - Step-By-Step Guide (With CK3 Probe 3)

Pasquale

Dec 27, 2010
Re: Liteon DG-16D2S 74850C - Step-By-Step Guide (Probe 3 Method)

i am doing EXACTLY what you say in the tut and i cannot get beyond the phatkey thing, it just says, phatkey failed

Pasquale

Dec 27, 2010

Using the probe 3, i get the message with the 'yes' and 'no' buttons, i press yes, and i do what YOU say.

So, i press yes, push the probe button, connect the probe, release the probe button. And then i wait until i get the phatkey failed or i wait and pus the button and release it before i get the phatkey failed, and then just get...you guessed it...phatkey failed.

I flashed a drive with this pc before, so the chipset is compatible

any suggestions?

Pasquale

Dec 27, 2010

Most definelety.

What i do have is this: sometimes when i wiggle the ck3 pro the LED turns of or on, rapidly. Like it has a bad contact or something.

guy_haron

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2011
Most definelety.

What i do have is this: sometimes when i wiggle the ck3 pro the LED turns of or on, rapidly. Like it has a bad contact or something.
Sounds like your drive isn't getting continuous power. That might cause your problem.. My PMT often does that and when I fiddle with my switch it works.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Pasquale

Dec 27, 2010

Thanks for the suggestion. But are there any other things that i might do wrong? It is i little annoying because it is not my pc i use, so i have to go to someone else all the time, zo it would be great to know all teh possibilities

B16A2

Noob Account
Feb 17, 2011
Hi Ubergeek

I would like to thank you for this tutorial, earleir this week I received my X360Pro, Probe 3 and a CK3 Pro. I read this thread a few times and then tired it out. Worked 1st time. you seemed to cover everything.

so thank you very much..

grahdeb

Mar 9, 2011
Fantastic tutorial. Just a quick question. When you Remove the CK3 Probe 3 from MPX01. Press and Release the Probe 3 button again then click OK. When you press the Probe 3 button do you have to wait 5 seconds before you release the button as Jungleflasher states - Ensure probe is removed...Power Off Drive...Wait 5 seconds...Power On...Press OK. Thank you.

cjg20252005

Apr 1, 2011
hi i am stuck at a point here in the tutorial, im trying to set the port at 0x0000, but its not letting me do it i type it in even and nothing happens, sorry a little new at this hope someone out there can help me soon plz :) thanks

skiller7777

Noob Account
Apr 9, 2011
I have the Phatkey failed so i did everything like the tutorial so i click phatkey after i put my probe 3 on the R707 point and i turn the power on for the probe 3 i hit yes i power of the probe 3 off and on after ia see extract complette power of the drive for 5 secconds and i do it for 5sec i power on the drive and phatkey failed so i want to flash the Lite on 74850c drive i was playing with it all day and nothing! please anyone help me

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
hi i am stuck at a point here in the tutorial, im trying to set the port at 0x0000, but its not letting me do it i type it in even and nothing happens, sorry a little new at this hope someone out there can help me soon plz :) thanks
Try installing the x360usb drivers - thats a good place to start ;)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

skiller7777

Noob Account
Apr 9, 2011

i think we shuld use something different for the lite on 74850c cause no body can mod those just the new lite on drives so now i just have to order the older modchip tools maybe probe 2 will do the job iam not shure but the executer team shuld help us because we just waste money in this modchip tools and they dosent do the job :S

Jaz321

VIP Member
Jan 14, 2011
Halifax, United Kingdom
i think we shuld use something different for the lite on 74850c cause no body can mod those just the new lite on drives so now i just have to order the older modchip tools maybe probe 2 will do the job iam not shure but the executer team shuld help us because we just waste money in this modchip tools and they dosent do the job :S
What are you on about :rolleyes

chepito41

Noob Account
Feb 23, 2011
Corona
Am I to use the probe 3 where the red arrow is pointing where the green circle is or on the point under the MPX01 or The point to the left of MPX01, thanks in advance.

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
Am I to use the probe 3 where the red arrow is pointing where the green circle is or on the point under the MPX01 or The point to the left of MPX01, thanks in advance.
It is quite clear. Place the probe on to that particular Point. It even tells you to put the probe onto the MPX01 Point and the motherboard kindly has MPX01 written on it.

And make sure you firmly press down so the pin is in.