Liteon DG-16D2S 74850C - Step-By-Step Guide (With CK3 Probe 3)

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
So the Pro is mandatory? Can I use the ck3 pro and probe 3? Just plug the sata into my cpu. Thanks.
The pro X360USB Pro is not mandatory. But you must have a compatible Sata. if the sata on your Motherboard, (Not CPU - Central Processing Unit) is not compatible. Then the X360USB is your best bet.

And you can use the CK3 Pro and Probe 3 on their own. Guide is in the tutorials section

EvilEmpire83

Apr 22, 2011
So. Cal
The pro X360USB Pro is not mandatory. But you must have a compatible Sata. if the sata on your Motherboard, (Not CPU - Central Processing Unit) is not compatible. Then the X360USB is your best bet.

And you can use the CK3 Pro and Probe 3 on their own. Guide is in the tutorials section
Yeah mobo. I flashed a benq with my mobo so i am sure its cool. My follow up question is what drives REQUIRE the pro? Just the slims?

WretchedMink

Aug 30, 2010
-
I am having trouble hooking the cables up. When connecting the probe end of the power cable to the DVD drive the lights on the CK3 and probe go out as if it creates a shortage or something.

To be clear, the cable connections look exactly like on the picture, however, when the drive is connected to the CK3 with the Probe power cable, the CK3 turs off it's blue light and the probe's green light also goes out. Unplugging the drive restores the LEDs into working condition again.

Last edited:

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
I am having trouble hooking the cables up. When connecting the probe end of the power cable to the DVD drive the lights on the CK3 and probe go out as if it creates a shortage or something.

To be clear, the cable connections look exactly like on the picture, however, when the drive is connected to the CK3 with the Probe power cable, the CK3 turs off it's blue light and the probe's green light also goes out. Unplugging the drive restores the LEDs into working condition again.
Are you absolutely sure you are connecting the cable the correct way round.

Although there are two notched ridges to make it difficult to insert them incorrectly. It is not impossible. And some people still manage to do so by accident.

If you are doing everything correctly. then you may have a faulty probe. Ask your retailer about it.

Last edited:

WretchedMink

Aug 30, 2010
-
I double checked and all notches are aligned correctly

Molex -> CK3 -> Probe -> DVD
USB -> X360P -> DVD

Also I have never used it before so it may be some sort of pre-existing condition, it's brand new from modtraders.

Last edited:

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
I double checked and all notches are aligned correctly

Molex -> CK3 -> Probe -> DVD
USB -> X360P -> DVD

Also I have never used it before so it may be some sort of pre-existing condition, it's brand new from modtraders.
Then speak to modtraders about the issue. And go about getting a replacement. if that does the same. Then it could be the ck3.

You need to rule out one before you can rule out the other. Like any troubleshooting issue. One thing at a time. As the probe seems to be causing the issue, start there and work your way back afterwards

WretchedMink

Aug 30, 2010
-
Well the Probe itself (not the cable) seems irrelevant to the problem. When connecting with the regular power cable from the CK3 to the DVD I can eject the tray and everything so yes it seems to be related to the Probe power cable. I'm going to send a mail or w/e to Modtraders.

EDIT: Solved. The cable was manufactured the wrong way around, (pegs were "upside down") will post pictures after flashing is complete. Solved by removing pegs.

EDIT 2: Link to thread with pictures:
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?p=365377#post365377

Last edited:

distantdk

May 20, 2011
If you like i are having issues after newest dash update and ms also flashed yor drive :)
Well after new JF i had some issues.
Couldnt get key propperly and couldnt write propperly.

I had too use a combination of red light when extracting and using probe 3 button, blue lite when getting chip info and writing.

Hope it helps if someone needs it.

worked for me

dont go online wait for new fw

joe90sw

Noob Account
Nov 20, 2010
england
Ive flashed my drive before, going to get the probe 3 (v2 is broke, not exactly great build quality) and my friend wants me to flash his drive, liteon 7 blah blah. Now the way i did it before was sata straight to motherboard, worked fine... will i be able to do this one same way or do i need to throw even more money at you guys by buying that USB thing???

Oh, and love how the geeks at JF are calling it Phatkey... Fat spelt P H, those geeks are sooo cool!

chinmi

Noob Account
hello, i currently have :
ck3
usb360pro
probe 3

i have tried flashing 2 lt 93450c without any problems, but now i have 1 74850c that give me some problems...

this drive already have lt 1.1 on it, and i want to upgrade it using the latest lt... the problem is this drive is originally is not flashed by me...

so when i tried extracting the key using the probe (on the tutorial part A), i got a message saying that the serial data is not complete, and i have to enter the serial data manually...

i already found the bar codes location and planning to enter it to JF and flash this drive with the latest lt...

so my question is, did i do it correctly, i don't want to mistakenly flashed a wrong firmware on this drive... i have read to be able to extract the dvd key fully we have to dump the firmware with an MRA hack... do i still need to do it with my current setup (ck3, usb360pro, probe 3)

thanks in advance... :D

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64653&highlight=barcode

Look here, there has already been a few people asking about the barcodes and serials.

Also, quote from Dale, Eminent 360 Guru Master.

"Your AP2.5 games will not work with the new dash & LT+1.1, Full stop. As for repairing with barcode, If its missing in the first place then it is not required, Full stop.
If it ever pops up again, click YES to first warning box, then click NO to the next warning box. Sorted."

Also another quote from the one and only Martin C

"Jungleflasher advises you that the barcode serial data isn't present. It doesn't mean it's actually missing. If the original read didn't have the data, you don't need to add it (think about it this way: You're adding extra information which wasn't there in the original dump - is this a good or bad thing?)."

Last edited:

slippy1967

Noob Account
Jun 15, 2011
Hi folks, i have one question i cannot seem to find anywhere aprt from the tut here which says probe 3, is there any way to use the ck probe 2 or will i have to purchase a probe 3

thanks in advance

Truskillzz69

VIP Member
Aug 3, 2010
you can buy the conversion pmt cable and all you would need to do is hook it up to your probe v2 to make it a v3

brett1

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2011
kernow, uk
find it more difficult doing this than 1.9 with the lite ons part a sorted then get to rewriting with 1.91 and no joy?? don't seem to get anywhere........ also ubergeek you said about the firmware on the usbpro how do you do that i followed set up but have never been able to do it
thanks
brett :confused::confused::confused:

brett1

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2011
kernow, uk
still trying to do this lite on says all ok and done go to check and just comes up with dvd controls but have noticed hw version is a0a2 fw 74850c???? will this make any difference
thanks
brett1

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
still trying to do this lite on says all ok and done go to check and just comes up with dvd controls but have noticed hw version is a0a2 fw 74850c???? will this make any difference
thanks
brett1
have you updated your dashboard ? because the fw should be reading 0251c and not 74850 ??

dale:wink: