Liteon DG-16D2S 74850C - Step-By-Step Guide (With CK3 Probe 3)

brett1

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2011
kernow, uk
thanks uber this tut was of great help to me yesterday while trying to flash my drive so apologies teajunkie for thinking this was spamming i was having problems and had messaged someabout it already so sorry if you thought was spamming
brett

Last edited:

adz123

Noob Account
Oct 1, 2011
Hey guys i have a question , my drive was updated @ a shop 2 years ago and (for 1.4 i think) and i just updated the dashboard (which got it to default) , so , i need to flash my drive on myself , my question is , which items do i need exactly since i have only a laptop , thanks in advance coz i wanna flash it asap.

cha0sriderx

Sep 2, 2011
you would need a probe 3 if u dont have the key. a ck3 lite or pro, x360usb pro and a moltex power supply since ur on a laptop.

adz123

Noob Account
Oct 1, 2011
you would need a probe 3 if u dont have the key. a ck3 lite or pro, x360usb pro and a moltex power supply since ur on a laptop.
thanks for the quick answer , i've been browsing a bit and fuond this package for 99euros ,
it has the pro ck3 lite &probe III v3 and the molex, seems alright? b4 i order it , i want to make sure i wont be needing any other items (since shipping cost a bit from this site)?

cha0sriderx

Sep 2, 2011
yeah that is all u need, the only bad part is that is a unlock kit for a slim xbox and not a phat, so if u can open the phat xbox by itself u should be good.

adz123

Noob Account
Oct 1, 2011
yea no problem since i already opened my box .
thanks a bunch again for the quick answers people!
hope i wont be posting much more for questions when it arrives:)

russellfay

Noob Account
Oct 5, 2011
ive just flashed my broke liteon drive to newest firmware could some one plz help me how do i swap keys to new drive

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
ive just flashed my broke liteon drive to newest firmware could some one plz help me how do i swap keys to new drive
Just treat your new drive as if it was the old one. Put your dummy.bin into source (if its the old dummy, i.e 74/83/93 fw ) then you'll have to manually insert new 0251c Lt2.0 into target. manually spoof key. make sure both keys match the click liteon erase, make sure it goes into vendor mode then click write, once finished click outro. job done

dale;)

russellfay

Noob Account
Oct 5, 2011
it comes up target dvdkey cant be verified to drive do i click yes ???? sry for the bother

Last edited:

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
it comes up target dvdkey cant be verified to drive do i click yes ???? sry for the bother
click yes, the reason is that the key will be located in a different sector on the new 0251c fw

dale;)

if you are unsure what you are doing, download teamviewer and I'll take alook to make sure you are doing it correct;)

synkboy

Oct 22, 2009
Northern Ireland
Quick question, my PHAT Lite-On DG 16D2S (which is now obviously 02510C) is the same drive in the same XBOX I've used for a few years now, so my question is this,

Obviously I extracted my key when I first flashed my XBOX, but now that the drive has a new revision, does my previously saved dummy.bin still do the job?, or do I need to do a fresh key extraction with my probe?

Just wanna make 100% certain before attempting to flash to LT+ 2.0.

Many thanks.

/flameshield on