Liteon DG-16D2S bricked wont show up in JungleFlasher !!!

dajoshy

Aug 5, 2014
hi there every 1 i am having a problem, ok i tred to flash a liteon drive which i have done many times however i think i bricked it so i reconnected it to jungleflasher and it keeps saying no drive detected!

i still have my firmware and keys but dnt know what to do cos when i tried to get it detected it wont work. i tried intro device and lite on erase and they dont work please help guys!!!

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
hi there every 1 i am having a problem, ok i tred to flash a liteon drive which i have done many times however i think i bricked it so i reconnected it to jungleflasher and it keeps saying no drive detected!

i still have my firmware and keys but dnt know what to do cos when i tried to get it detected it wont work. i tried intro device and lite on erase and they dont work please help guys!!!

what equipment are you using and what step did you get to before the drive didnt become recognised ?

dale

dajoshy

Aug 5, 2014
hi m8

well i was trying to burn benq firmware to the drive to spoof it to use instead of my actual benq drive which has a broken laser. The lite on already had LT 3.0 which i did myself so i proceeded to copy the firmware from the benq and write it to the lite on and all semed to go well no problems write successful but then wen i put it in the xbox it wasnt opening or anything and had a 4th red ring (drive not recognised)

then i hooked it bak to my laptop and it keeps saying no drive detected in jungleflasher

i am using a CK3i and X360 USB PRO

i hav flashed drives before its just wen i was trying to put benq firmware on it thats wen this problem happened

dajoshy

Aug 5, 2014
also i have tried using intro device and all that but to no avail

i still have the drive key saved for the lite on

dajoshy

Aug 5, 2014
You can't spoof drives anymore. Why don't u just take the laser from the liteon and put it in the benq.
Thats wot im going to do now but i want to get the lite on working first so it can be used aswell with a new laser

- - - Updated - - -

i dont just want a lite on drive lying around if it can be fixed

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
Thats wot im going to do now but i want to get the lite on working first so it can be used aswell with a new laser

- - - Updated - - -

i dont just want a lite on drive lying around if it can be fixed

have u tried benq unlock? seeing as you spoofed it as a benq drive, or alternatively lite-on erase

dajoshy

Aug 5, 2014
i tried them but they arent working cos it says no drive detected in the 1st place so they jut fail

and with the erase wot fiirmware am i supposed to put as a target?

dajoshy

Aug 5, 2014
and as i said the drive didnt work in the xbox which in turn probably means i bricked it so the benq firmware wasnt written properly

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
and as i said the drive didnt work in the xbox which in turn probably means i bricked it so the benq firmware wasnt written properly
cant brick a drive just by flashing it, its just in no mans land. Ive brought a drive out of hibernation but can I feck remember how i did it. Its on here somewhere. your gonna have to give me a little time to remember

dale

dajoshy

Aug 5, 2014
Have u Loaded up your liteon firmware and key, hit liteon ease and write that firmware to your drive.

The point is i cannot do any of that beacuse the drive isnt detected also i dont know what to put as the source firmware

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
The point is i cannot do any of that beacuse the drive isnt detected also i dont know what to put as the source firmware
ok, in firmwaretool32 tab, put your dummy bin that you dump from the benq, then it will ask you if you want to auto load target fw, say yes. then go to mtk flash 32 tab and click on liteon erase. If your ck3i doesnt switch off then on, your gonna have to do it manually. see if that goes into vendor mode

dajoshy

Aug 5, 2014
ok, in firmwaretool32 tab, put your dummy bin that you dump from the benq, then it will ask you if you want to auto load target fw, say yes. then go to mtk flash 32 tab and click on liteon erase. If your ck3i doesnt switch off then on, your gonna have to do it manually. see if that goes into vendor mode

i wil try that right now

dajoshy

Aug 5, 2014
Lite-On-Erase NOT sent
DVD Key copied to target
ID strings already match

Sending Lite-On-Erase request to port
Drive returned Status 0x0
Serial flash found with Status 0x72
Manufacturer ID: 0xC2
Device ID: 0x11
Flash Name: MXIC(MX25L2005)
Flash Size: 262144 bytes

OK ITS IN VENDOR MODE

now what?

Just so i dont do anything wrong by tryn to do the next bit alone

dajoshy

Aug 5, 2014
i tried to write LT 3.0 and IT worked but then i got unhandled exception wen i pressed Outro/ATA RESET

dajoshy

Aug 5, 2014
OK WOT I HAVE DONE IS IN SOURCE FW I PUT MY benq DRIVES FW then in target i put the standard lite on LT + 3.0 and my actual lite on drive key then wen i press write it gets write verified ok evrytime but as soon as i press OUTRO/ATA RESET, I get unhandled exception error in jungleflaher !!!

also i dont kno if this helps or not but after the write befre i press outro, the drive properties section says vendor mode except there is no NAME, FW REVISION, or dvd key showing up, they are all blank.

dajoshy

Aug 5, 2014
THERE YOU go we learn somthing new everyday. i tried again and wen unhandled exception came up i X'ed it then pressed refresh aand Voulla its all showing up properly!!

thaks every1 for ur help especially N.E. Modz u helped alot m8 thanks.

i will hook it up to the xbox to double check then confirm all is good