Liteon DG-16D4S 0225 (SLIM) - Video Guides

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
Hello,
i connected my slim liteon 0225 dvd drive to my pc without using usbpro .. only using sata cable , in jungle flasher (0.1.181), it showed the drive as slim liteon 0225 . in the dvdkey32 tab of jungle flasher . i clicked on slimkey , but it failed to extract key ,, must i have usbpro to extract the slim key ????
slimkey is not supported with just sata, either with or without via card. USBpro is the only way of getting the key

dale;)

matrixhacker

Noob Account
Feb 6, 2011
Palestine
thx alot daleh for your answer .. can u help with one more thing ??. do i need to buy any other kits with the USBPRO to get my slim 0225 flashed , or i just need the USBPRO and use the XBOX to power the lite on drive.

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
thx alot daleh for your answer .. can u help with one more thing ??. do i need to buy any other kits with the USBPRO to get my slim 0225 flashed , or i just need the USBPRO and use the XBOX to power the lite on drive.
you will need a ck3 pro or lite to power the drive and a external power source, either from your pc spare molex or a dedicated external one.

It is not recommended to use your xbox to power the drive.

dale;)

Grigoris

Apr 15, 2011
After we press slimkey->no->yes it must close and open the power on 0225 drive or not?

Last edited:

xboxerSlim

VIP Member
Mar 4, 2011
India
Getting same issue unable to extract key.
Using x360 usb pro abd ck3 lite

xboxerSlim

VIP Member
Mar 4, 2011
India
Can u plz team view mine Dale?

xboxerSlim

VIP Member
Mar 4, 2011
India
Thanks Dale, you were awesome and fixed my issue in just 20 seconds. I owe you one.

xboxerSlim

VIP Member
Mar 4, 2011
India
I think I was not quick enough when powering the drive off/on., so, while Dale doing the JF I was able to get my hands free to power the drive off and on.

rvx912

Noob Account
Apr 27, 2011
Guys, am using X360Pro USB, I am not using anything else. I used the console to power the drive too. When I press Slim KEY and then no, Its unable to extract key. I am using the latest j flasher beta 1.82. Can Someone give me a hint please? Also, key was not verified like video on top.

Thank again guys

rvx912

Noob Account
Apr 27, 2011
I guess , could it be that I am not switching on and off in time? I am using the controller to switch on /off. The main button doesnt work since my box is disassebled.

Demonchild

VIP Member
Mar 20, 2010
New York City
I guess , could it be that I am not switching on and off in time? I am using the controller to switch on /off. The main button doesnt work since my box is disassebled.
There's no need to power cycle the drive. Just hit the Slimkey button and hit No to the Slim Unlock prompt. Jungleflasher should then dump your drive. In Addition, it's not advised to use the Xbox to power the drive. A lot of things can go wrong during the process which could leave you with a dead drive. Invest a little more money into the CK3 Lite and an external Molex PSU Supply.

what can you use the slimkey for?
Slimkey is the method used for dumping the firmware from a 0225 drive. It's also an alternative method to dumping the firmware from a 9504 drive.