Liteon DG-16D4S 0225 (SLIM) - Video Guides

Rayrayrr

May 9, 2011
Australia
It has been one day with my new Xbox and im still figuring out whats going on with all the firmwares and stuff.

I have the 0225 slim version. I have a compatible VIA chipset, and a way to power the drive.

Hardware-wise, will I only need to buy the addon tha removes the write protection when it becomes available?

I dont really understand what all those probes and stuff are, The X360USB seems nice but not mandatory.

From what I understand, for my device/version/existing hardware, I ll just need to get this mod/addon, connect to pc, and use jungle flasher.

Is this correct?

Aslong as you have a power source, a working VIA chipset your set... you dont need a probe for the 0225. and yer you will just need to wait for the mod to apply the CFW..
also the X360USB isnt mandatory but it just makes the process smoother :)

*HDCM

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Aslong as you have a power source, a working VIA chipset your set... you dont need a probe for the 0225. and yer you will just need to wait for the mod to apply the CFW..
also the X360USB isnt mandatory but it just makes the process smoother :)

0225 will has issues with a VIA card, you need a X360USB or a different chipset.

kourampies

May 30, 2011
0225 will has issues with a VIA card, you need a X360USB or a different chipset.
I also have an onboard VIA 8237, a Silicon Image card wich I think I read it isn't compatible, and onboard Intel ICH9. Are any of those compatible?

lockxxheed

Noob Account
Jun 23, 2011
running into a bit of confusion here, im gonna be unlocking my 0225 drive BuT Im not sure of all the things i need to to buy so far im getting unlocked pcb, and ck3 blaster. do i need anything else?

bdh1689

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2011
Puerto Rico (USA)
running into a bit of confusion here, im gonna be unlocking my 0225 drive BuT Im not sure of all the things i need to to buy so far im getting unlocked pcb, and ck3 blaster. do i need anything else?

You need a compatible SATA to extract the key from 0225... I recommend you a X360USB PRO! Very easy to use!

lockxxheed

Noob Account
Jun 23, 2011
sweet thank you, so just to make sure all i need is those three things? and i can unlock it lol i dont wanna buy all that stuff and be like oh sh*t i forgot ... to get this thing and have to wait 4 days

elmo219

Noob Account
Dec 18, 2012
Hi guys, real Noob here.

All i want to do is get my drive to play my backup disc's.

I have sa dg164s liteon with 0225

Now im hearing lots of different stories as to what i need people tell me i need a probe others say i dont, some say i need a x360usb some say i dont.

Matter of the fact is i need to extract the DVD key, can this be done with just power and x360usbpro (anyversion) only people are saying you cant read the 0225 dvd key that way anymore?!

Can i put a 9504 drive in there after flashing it with lt3 and my DVD key? or is that spoofing and i'll get my drive locked and maybe a ban?

Or am i correct in thinking i need to retrive my DVD key from the 0225 by using the ck3 and x360usbpro v1

then replace the pcb with a tx PCB then flash that with my key and LT3.

Really thankful guys.

alexander_1333

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Slovakia
The easyest way to do it its to retrive your DVD key from the 0225 by using the ck3 and x360 usb pro v1 or x360 usb pro v2, that repleace the 1-st version of x360 usb pro and the ck3.Then replace the pcb with a TX PCB and flash that with LT3 spoofed with your dvdkey.If you want to replece your PCB with a TX unlocked PCB read jftut1.4.4.pdf

The hardest way will be to unlock your PCB, almost all 0225 are locked.If the dashboard is 13599 or higher the PCB is locked 100%
If you want to unlock your drive read jftut1.4.4.pdf but if you flash this drive as the first drive i will sugest the easy way, i have describe it above.

z0nvy

Noob Account
Dec 23, 2012
I'm planning to buy a CK3, the x360usb pro and the unlocked pcb, to extract the key for my untouched 0225 and then swap and flash the new pcb, following the tutorial http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67582 .
Seems really easy to do it, as we can see in the video of this first post.
Just one question, will this method work for both winbond and macronix?? because I have a winbond :frown:

Last edited: