Liteon iHAS124-B

doddsgreen

Sep 7, 2011
After looking for information on burning Battlefield 3 I learned that for any new game I needed to buy a Liteon iHAS124-B drive in order to correctly and safely burn the 8GB file to a disk. I'm just looking for final advice.

The website linked on xecuter hadn't any in stock, so I went to amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...ield-keywords=+Liteon+iHAS124-B+drive&x=0&y=0

but none of those have the 'B' on the end. Can anyone confirm if this makes the difference/if so, can anyone perhaps link a UK site which sells the necessary driver?

- i've since found one on Play.com (http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/11700...tml?_$ja=tsid:11518|cat:11700790|prd:11700790) - but that's -19B.... does this make any difference?

Thank you!

Last edited:

muqi123

Oct 13, 2011
I bought mine from amazon, i can confirm it has B on the end. The one i bought was 19B. I doesn't say B on the listing but it will say it on the drive when you get it :)

low10

Noob Account
Dec 1, 2011
i recently bought one from Redcoon, the advert only stated Liteon iHAS124 (bulk) and this was indeed a LiteOn IHAS124-19B. I haven't installed it yet but heard from others this is the drive you need.

ihaveacamaro

VIP Member
Apr 4, 2011
Central-ish Florida
I would spend just a few more and get a 324. Loads of people I read have problems with the 124.

I've even read about a couple of people who already bought a 124 and then had to buy another because burns weren't coming out good and then eventually upgraded to 324 at which point the burns were solid.

mattjk88

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2010
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
I would spend just a few more and get a 324. Loads of people I read have problems with the 124.

I've even read about a couple of people who already bought a 124 and then had to buy another because burns weren't coming out good and then eventually upgraded to 324 at which point the burns were solid.
Not necessarily the case.. my 124 gives awesome results, my scans look better than most.

Luck of the draw really.

bonkers1973

ebay was good for me can send you a link to the place if ya want just pm me and i will send it to ya ..it is in uk !!

mind you it wasnt as cheap as play seems to be blimey may buy another as a spare at that price

Last edited: