LITEON DG-16D4S - SLIM liteon slim 0272 help please

denzx03

Mar 1, 2010
wakefield
hi guys/gals

i just bought a xbox slim with liteon drive in it and i want to flash it and ive never done one of these be4 so i would like a bit of help in the right direction,

the drive is a liteon GD-16D4S 0272 with dashboard 2.0.16537.0
i have ck3 with self built probe with on off switch and using via card

so any help or tut that i can follow would be much appreciated

denzx03

Mar 1, 2010
wakefield
yes ive read that and i cant seem to get it to unlock the spi chip ive also read that on later dash like mine it cant be done, ive also read something about kamakazi'ng the chip i just want to read as much as i can be4 i attempt anything like that this is where you my good friends come in lol

scott1503

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2012
Harrogate, North Yorkshire , uk
or can i use this http://mrconsoles.com/catalog/xecuter-nand-edition-p-872.html?osCsid=f512146cb161288840891255852ef625

would this allow me to play games from the hd with no disk, and would i need to buy owt else to go with it, thanks
that is a nand reader you would need a glitch chip and you would be able to play from a harddrive with a glitch chip but only your originals backed up into it and only off line unless you mod your DVD drive you cannot play your backups

denzx03

Mar 1, 2010
wakefield
so if i backed up 1 of my games i could not load it to the hard drive and play it from there? im feeling a little lost now on what i need.

ill tell you what i exactly want, i just want to be able to back up my originals to a iso file place it on the hard drive and play it, it just saves my disks from kids scratching them and also ware and tare on the drive, question is can i do this ?

scott1503

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2012
so if i backed up 1 of my games i could not load it to the hard drive and play it from there? im feeling a little lost now on what i need.

ill tell you what i exactly want, i just want to be able to back up my originals to a iso file place it on the hard drive and play it, it just saves my disks from kids scratching them and also ware and tare on the drive, question is can i do this ?
Yes with a glitch chip but you won't be able to go online

denzx03

Mar 1, 2010
wakefield
ahhhh right cool can you give me a link to buy this? i aint bothered about going online i have another xbox for that anyway which is mine lol this one is just for the kids hehe

scott1503

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2012
ahhhh right cool can you give me a link to buy this? i aint bothered about going online i have another xbox for that anyway which is mine lol this one is just for the kids hehe
Check this out it will give a better idea of the process as for price it all depends on the glitch chip you want (price depends on boot time really) as to how much it will be and it may be an idea to go with a pro if this is the only rgh you will do .

Reactions: denzx03

denzx03

Mar 1, 2010
wakefield
right ok what is this pro and yes it will be the only one i will do, how do i know which board i have in the xbox? i have the 4gig slim but got a 250 hd in it aswel

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
right ok what is this pro and yes it will be the only one i will do, how do i know which board i have in the xbox? i have the 4gig slim but got a 250 hd in it aswel
if its the only one your going to do might be lil cheaper to jus send to someone like me,that already has all that crap youll be buying to do this only once,just a thought.

denzx03

Mar 1, 2010
wakefield
oohhhh goodie lol how much for this then nofeloniesyet? lol i just seen where ya from it would be cheap for me to buy the stuff 3 times over and do it myself than send it to usa lmao

Last edited:

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
oohhhh goodie lol how much for this then nofeloniesyet? lol i just seen where ya from it would be cheap for me to buy the stuff 3 times over and do it myself than send it to usa lmao
you took that comment the wrong way,i didnt mean send it to me personally,i meant for you to find someone close to you that can do it for you,lol. have a search here on site,usually we have somebody thats reputable doing installs in bout any location,see what/who you can find.

Last edited:

denzx03

Mar 1, 2010
wakefield
yes i realised that as i sent the post hahaha nevermind bet it made ya chuckle lol soooo start again can anyone do this for me NEAR to me im in wakefield west yorkshire

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
yes i realised that as i sent the post hahaha nevermind bet it made ya chuckle lol soooo start again can anyone do this for me NEAR to me im in wakefield west yorkshire
if ur in the uk,id check out oggy,shagnasty or martin c