Lockpick help

Bouf111

Jun 26, 2020
Uk
Hi guys , I’m trying to get my keys but every time I try it doesn’t work. I’m on 10.0.4 and 3.0.3
When I use the nro it won’t get keys above 6 and with the rcm.bin with sept folder on root I get to the option screen and then screen goes black??

safcalibur

May 1, 2020
Cambs
are you using hekate and then booting into lockpick or are you using the lockpickrcm.bin from tegra?
From memory you should have more than just a sept folder on the root, should have an atmosphere folder and bootloader folder on root of sd card. Put the lockpick_rcm.bin file in the bootloader ------> payloads folder on your sd card. Use hekate via tegra, choose payloads and tap lockpickrcm.bin. When it loads up select 'dump from sysnand key generation' using vol +/- press the power button to select and it should dump your prod and title keys to you sd card.

download the .bin file from here

best of luck

Bouf111

Jun 26, 2020
Uk
Hi thanks for your response.

i followed these instructions Below

• If the console has Firmware 7.x or higher, the /sept/ folder from Atmosphère or Kosmos release zip must be present on SD or else only keyblob master key derivation is possible (ie. up to master_key_05only)
I’m running SX 3.0.3 on 10.0.4

I then used the RCM.bin file and run from SX OS bootloader.

when I try and dump the file the screen just turns black

safcalibur

May 1, 2020
Cambs
just to ask why would you need to run lockpick if you're using sxos?

Pretty sure the whole lockpick thing is so you can install games using atmosphere, having sxos eliminates this and you can just use the sxos software and installer to install games, no need for prod/titles keys. Thats the beauty of sxos is that its simple to use. I've just jailbroken two switches with atmosphere just as a project really to see how hard it is and needed to use lockpick for that so that games could be installed and played. My personal switch and my brothers both use sxos and no need to mess about with programs like hekate, lockpick, fusee-primary etc. atmosphere etc...

I think the instructions you mentioned are old now, the latest release on lockpick that I linked to says:

Sept issued a breaking change to master key slot, now Lockpick_RCM supports the new and old versions both.

It also says on the instructions you linked to says:

Known Issues
  • Chainloading from SX will hang immediately due to quirks in their hwinit code, please launch payload directly
not sure if this has been resolved so might be better to use tegra and then launch lockpickrcm from there or from hekate as some payloads dont work properly if chainloaded through sxos, lockpick may be one of those.

edit: just did some research and it look like yuzu requires prod/title keys so I stand corrected about needing to use lockpick :)

Last edited:

Bouf111

Jun 26, 2020
Uk
Hi thanks for the response. How would I run directly? I thought i was losing directly as using the RCM.bin file and injecting payload. I haven’t used the .nro release.

safcalibur

May 1, 2020
Cambs
couple of ways:

1. Put the switch in rcm mode then inject the lockpickrcm.bin file using tegra that should load straight into lockpick

2. Put ther lockpickrcm.bin file on your sd card in payloads folder (on root you should have 'Bootloader' folder and in that 'Payloads' folder). Put switch in rcm mode, use tegra, inject Hekate. Once hekate is loaded tap payloads icon and choose lockpickrcm which should then load up lockpick

I would avoid trying to load lockpick from the sxos payloads menu

Last edited:

Bouf111

Jun 26, 2020
Uk
I have sx core installed so how would I get to RCM mode as sx bootloader is preinstalled isn’t it?
So managed to mount user folder from emunand but save folder was empty?? Would the save game data be anywhere else?

Last edited:
Reactions: jaycie

safcalibur

May 1, 2020
Cambs
ah dont think you mentioned having sx core installed so i assumed you were using sxos pro. Sorry dude not sure how you get into rcm mode with core installed.

Bouf111

Jun 26, 2020
Uk
Did what you said and got keys with .nro then used this to mount a back up of the emunand and then copied the system folder to the corrupt NAND and it worked

Reactions: safcalibur

Drahz

Jul 26, 2020
Virginia, USA
OK so what would you recommend when you see this message?
"Dump Tegra Keys with payload and run again to get all keys?"
What did I miss?

I have a sx core,

Last edited: