looking to identify what board I have (360-e) and after troubleshooting tips for the HDMI

Dr_Dankenstein

Noob Account
Dec 18, 2019
uk
hey all
so I picked up this unopened xbox 360-e listed as faulty (red light on hdmi insertion) with a view to strip it down repaste it rgh and fix it up
Just waiting for my new plug to get here so in the mean time i figured id prep the lot so repasted it with some MX-4 and got to getting the info on getting this box rghed but im a bit lost here identifying what board I have

ive wittled it down to a corona I initially did think it was a corona v1 but the capacitors are missing for the post out so im reconsidering now

anyway i found a listing that says it is compatible with all corona boards for the rghing which says it has
1 X Deluxe SPI NAND flasher.
1 X ACE V5.
and i can add the postfix if i need it for extra

heres a few photos maybe you can help me identify where to solder and whether id need the postfix ( ideally which corona this is)

also if anyone has any tips on trooubleshooting the hdmi it would be great I have seen 360 female ports but im not sure if I can use one with the e model or whether it would be another port or even if the fault could be further up the line

Dr_Dankenstein

Noob Account
Dec 18, 2019
uk
better question is, is it a Winchester. post img of ur ram.

Ive taken a few various shots in the hopes of identifying the board here:

I hope they help also I notice I have an Aug 2013 mfg date so that kinda makes me feel a little luckier and ive read winchesters werent out until 2014?
new to doing 360 consoles most I did was flash my dvd drive on my old slim (lite-on drive with probe)

anyways here is a bunch of photos of the board and stuff thanks again

got info from various sites but mostly this one

https://weekendmodder.com/identify.html

saying it is a corona XCGPU

Last edited:

Dr_Dankenstein

Noob Account
Dec 18, 2019
uk
cant view img as im at work. but if console is a 4gb model u have a corona v6 if you have a 250 console its a v5.
happy modding.

Thanks for that much appreciated :D
Thanks for that much appreciated
this may be sort of nooby but is the equipment listed suitable for the job
Deluxe SPI NAND flasher
x360ace v5 glitch chip
postfix adapter

also and again I ask as you know your stuff and im just starting out these consoles only have a hdmi port no av to troubleshoot so where would you go from here in terms of troubleshooting/fault finding for the red light on insertion of hdmi?

just so I have a plan in mind

Last edited: