Lost switch on x2.3b lite for original xbox

DMoney1977

Noob Account
Sep 1, 2014
Hey guys, I'm a total noob. I had my Xbox modded about ten years ago and it worked fine. A few years back I put it to the side, unfortunately my kid ripped the switch off the front (the switch that allowed me to turn the chip on and off), but all the wires are still attached and it looks like I could just plug another switch in. I opened up the Xbox and it looks fine from the inside, but I can't get the Xbox to start as a modified Xbox, it only starts like a normal one.

Is there a way I can substitute a generic switch for the one I lost, or is there something I can do to the chip itself to get it to always be on?

Thanks

Taijigamer2

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2013
England
Have u got pics of the damaged switch. If u can identify which wire/trace goes where then there is no reason why u can't solder a new switch in. Good luck.

DMoney1977

Noob Account
Sep 1, 2014
I found the old switch, the only problem is that the light on the switch broke off.

So, when I turn the xbox on it boots to the M$ screen. The LEDs are both on the chip, but I'm not sure how to get this modchip to kick in again (is that the proper term)?

I have the left switch to the left, the middle switch to the right, and the right switch to the left, is this the right configuration? Do I need to reflash the bios since the XBox has been sitting in a closet for years?

The LED on the switch broke off a while ago, so does this mean the switch is no good?

Last edited:

CptKlink

May 2, 2014
I think actully the first two switches need to be to the left and the 3rd switch can be in eather position you just have to remember which bank you had the modified dash installed to.

DMoney1977

Noob Account
Sep 1, 2014
I think actully the first two switches need to be to the left and the 3rd switch can be in eather position you just have to remember which bank you had the modified dash installed to.
Is the switch not affected by the LED not being connected anymore?