LT Clip + LT Switch v2 - Instructions

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
Hi, everybody i just have a question before buying all the stuff..

I have a Lite-On DG-16D2S 94350C

I read a little on the subject.. ( Tutorials / etc )
(Requires CK3 Pro or CK3 Lite or Blaster CK3 and an LT SWITCH v1.5 or CK3 Probe 2 or LT Clip (LT Clip not compatible with Blaster CK3)

But still have a question just to make sure i buy the right stuff.. :eek:

I want to do it with the
LT Clip + LT Switch v2 Kit
http://www.modchip.ca/store/product.php?productid=16697&cat=284&page=1

On a SATA CONTROLLER CARD VIA 6421 chipset
http://www.modchip.ca/store/product.php?productid=16491&cat=284&page=1

Under Jungle Flasher with the LT Firmware
http://jungleflasher.net/downloads.html

With a Xecuter Blaster CK3
http://www.modchip.ca/store/product.php?productid=16649&cat=284&page=1

Can i do it with a Blaster CK3 or i absolutely need the Connectivity Kit Pro CK3 4.0 with PL chip & PPTC protection ?
http://www.modchip.ca/store/product.php?productid=16673&cat=284&page=1

hi,

i would just buy the lt switch v2, a ck3 lite and via sata card, Its ideal for a one off flash and cheaper

dale;)

majere

Noob Account
Sep 8, 2010
Hi,
I have some question,
i Install switch v2, i got the green light so i try to use jungleflash he saw my dvd but i can't get vendor's mode any idea why?
My dvd is a 850 v2.
Thanks for help.

xinvasionx

Oct 5, 2010
Hey!

i follow the tutorial and i have liteon 93450 using Ck3 lite and the lt clip. I prep the board and made the cuts. But i get no lights. I connected ck3 lite with the PCB. Then i test with the clip, set it to left and ON on the ck3 lite.

ZuneNinja!

Sep 11, 2010
I'm having a serious problem with LT Clip installs. I've got two different lite on 9xxx drives that I cannot get JungleFlasher to show up AT ALL. It won't simply read from normal mode, nor can I get it into vendor mode by powering off, switching to MRA and back on. I've tried all the resistor switch settings too. Attached are a couple of hi-res photos of my cuts and cleaning...

Please help, I've probably dumped over 10 hours of time trying to get these to work. I've flashed many hitachi, benq, and liteon 83850c v1 drives, but this is my first mod where I need extra hardware for it to read firmware.

Also, I have read over all tutorials that go along with this, and I've also read this entire thread. What in the world am I doing wrong?

majere

Noob Account
Sep 8, 2010
can someone have a answer?

Hi,
I have some question,
i Install switch v2, i got the green light so i try to use jungleflash he saw my dvd but i can't get vendor's mode any idea why?
My dvd is a 850 v2.
Thanks for help.

dmswallow

Noob Account
Nov 10, 2010
I get a good light on the LT Clip when the CK3 Lite is in red/orange mode, but when i switch the CK3 Lite to Blue mode the LT Clip goes bad. is this ok? i cant find anywhere that states which mode the CK3 Lite should be one when testing the LT Clip is connected.

Play.me52

Noob Account
Nov 13, 2010
A huge enormous gigantic THANKS! to the team executer for your switch v2 & clip
It works really fine on my liteon 93450c :D

Had a hard time with it however as I couldn't get vendor mode, but the reply was in the pdf instruction file :rolleyes:

For those having problems with it :
- I used it with a 93450c, ck3 pro, a fiber scratch pen and my via 6421 pci card.
- If you're having a problem, just take a good ten minute relax and re-read the instructions that are on first page (http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showpost.php?p=278714&postcount=1). Evrything is in it!!!
- To scratch and cut cleanly, I used some adhesive tape, to protect the parts of the PCB I didn't want to touch. Be gentle, your not carving a piece of beaf but a small electronic card. Common sense does the rest :p
- I had a dim green and strong red light when I tested my cuts with the lt clip pcb : after passing hours on it, trying to get a perfect green light (no red) (scratching the points until they were nice and shiny, making sure there was no copper left where I made my cuts), I tried jungleflasher and after a while, got it into vendor's mode (even though the lt switch PCB would show a dim green and a strong red).

My error's were :
- I didn't scratch nor cut properly at the start as I was too scared to brake something. Solution = scratch 'til it is nice and shiny ; cut (don't carve!!!) and make sure there is no copper left on the pcb's track. (a good picture to understand what you are trying to do is page 112 of the jungleflasher tutorial guide that you can find here : http://www.jungleflasher.net/downloads.html ). Once LT switch is well set (not sideways) and you can see that there is a good contact between the copper of the tabs and the contacts on the lt switch pcb, green means good even though red can be on.
- I couldn't get vendor's mode always getting a x51 or x52 error. Solution = LEAVE the switch on "Probe 2/LTSW V2/TEST" on the lt switch PCB (I was stupid enough to switch back to normal and then not understand why it wouldn't work) ; put the switch on the external part of the lt switch on to MRA (red light comes on) ; don't touch anything else than the on/off button of the ck3 pro.

So THE solution is just to follow the instructions and have some common sense :D

AdrianuZ

Nov 24, 2010
Was the drive detected before you installed the LT clip?
Hi guys, I'm a new noob:)D) and this is my first message. i just bought the Ltclip and lt switch v2. I have just read all the page of this thread and I don't understand what this means.
Do i have to connect the liteon with just the Xecuter CK3 Pro (Rev D) to my pc sata card and check if my windows xp recognizes that? To do this does the LT clip switch stay on normal or Probe 2/LTSW V2/TEST? is it right?
hope your answer can hel me and can bel helpfull for other lt clip users!

Best Regards

Last edited:

Play.me52

Noob Account
Nov 13, 2010
Hi AdrianuZ!

Just follow the instructions ;)

Install LT switch on to the PCB of your liteon drive, test it (switch on Probe 2/LTSW V2/TEST and then you'll never need to touch it again that is, leave it on Probe 2/LTSW V2/TEST!!!) and if green (or dim green and bright red like I had), carry on the instructions...

Also, read the tutorial for jungleflasher (http://jungleflasher.net/downloads.html) as you will have to deactivate the drivers of your via 6421 sata (otherwise your pc will probably freeze whilst flashing). Do remember that the Jungleflasher tutorial is made for the lt switch v1.5 and vendor's mode with lt switch v2 is done by switching from MRA to Normal on the switch of the external part of your lt switch v2, that is the one you'll stick behind the drive).

Good luck, it's worth the time spent on it :D

shoody

Noob Account
Nov 11, 2005
Hi guys, I got the problem with the LT clip too.

I've followed the instructions on the LT clip specific guide and cut the traces and the test light actually comes back green. But when I power it up the drive does not show up.

Play.me52

Noob Account
Nov 13, 2010
Hi Shoody!

I'd suggest :

1) Are you sure the lt switch is properly fitted on to the PCB of your liteon? I got green whilst my lt switch was sideways => visual check that the contacts of the lt switch are really doing a proper contact with the tabs.
2) Have you left the switch on Probe 2/LTSW V2/TEST?
3) Is the switch of the external part of the lt switch on MRA?
4) Have you plugged in the sata cable in the primary socket of your via 6421 pci card (I think it is written on the board, near the socket)
5) Have you properly uninstalled the via drivers from your pc (like mentionned in the tutorial pdf for jungleflasher http://jungleflasher.net/downloads.html )
6) Have you already succesfully flashed an 360's drive with your via 6421 pci card?
7) Are you using the latest jungleflasher?

Overwise, I don't know. Sorry mate :)

Also, if you want proper support from the executer team, you should tell them :
- version of the liteon you're using
- what is powering your drive (ck3 lite/pro; xbox)
- (a stupid remark, but never know :rolleyes:) tell them exactly where it doesn't show up (in windows or more likely, in jungleflasher)

Good luck!

The.Yoder

Noob Account
Jul 10, 2010
NYC
Hey everyone. Hopefully will find some help. Have me drive hooked up currently. When I try to get it into vendor mode I get the 0x72 status. But instead of getting the correct Flash Chip Properties, I get this problem:

Vendor ID: 0x0
Device ID: 0x0
Name: Unknown Type
Size: n/a

Anyone know what this means, or how to get it to read my drive. I do have a red light currently (Tests green and in Normal) so it is in vendor mode.

EDIT: Resent Intro and pulled the data.

Last edited:

goldpup

Noob Account
Dec 2, 2010
I was thinking of getting this but before hand i wanted to know do i need to have a connectivity kit in order to test it or is there another way to test it? If so please let me know so i can decide if i should order one aswell thanks.

AdrianuZ

Nov 24, 2010
Was the drive detected before you installed the LT clip?
Hi guys i'm waiting the LT clip and i'm reading again this thread and i just read this, and so i would like to know if i have to connect my xbox dvd drive into the pc before i cut the trace and install the Lt clip to be sure the pc can install the dvd driver? is it right? i just connect it with the sata cable and the ck3 lite to make the computer recognize that and check if my sata chipset works?
i'm totally noob about, hope some body can explain it to me ! :D

i know i just made this same question but the aswer wasn't to much good explained about this thing, sorry

Last edited: