LT Clip + LT Switch v2 - Instructions

r3r3.omfg

Noob Account
Dec 8, 2010
Well,

got a liteon 932
got a lt clip V2 with a CK3 lite
i use a via 6421 chipset

I cleaned the PCB with a fibre glass pen, did the cuts all seems fine. green light on the lt clip v2 while powering with the ck3 lite
(question: the ck3 lite has to show a red light or a blue light?)

eventhough i got a green light on the lt clip v2 my drive doesn t show up in JF

btw eject button on ck3 lite doesn t work unless i have the lt switch EXT unplugged is it normal?

Please halp

cubanpete

Noob Account
Feb 4, 2011
Help!

Have cut traces and installed LT clip with green light. Have put drive back together but when i power it on it does not respond.

I have tested another drive and it powers on and ejects but not my lite-on that i have been working on.

Anyone able to suggest some likely reasons? Have pulled apart and resat clip, checked all connections and have no ideas...

Have I somehow shorted out my drive??

deadpsycosis

Noob Account
Dec 17, 2010
Brasil
Help!

Have cut traces and installed LT clip with green light. Have put drive back together but when i power it on it does not respond.

I have tested another drive and it powers on and ejects but not my lite-on that i have been working on.

Anyone able to suggest some likely reasons? Have pulled apart and resat clip, checked all connections and have no ideas...

Have I somehow shorted out my drive??

I'm having the same problem. My LT CLip return Green on CT, but JF doesn't recognize it, nor CK3 Pro Eject buttom respond.

Can LT Clip give a False GREEN Response by any means??

deadpsycosis

Noob Account
Dec 17, 2010
Brasil
I'm having the same problem. My LT CLip return Green on CT, but JF doesn't recognize it, nor CK3 Pro Eject buttom respond.

Can LT Clip give a False GREEN Response by any means??
I re-check the cut, now theres a little "gap" on the traces, clean up the pads, but now LT Clip respond RED.

The SATA port did recognized the Drive BEFORE the cuts, JF also recognized the drive.

Edit1 - After trying everything that I could think, I put the clip back, even CT returning RED, plug on PC and JF recognize the drive. I ain't put back on xbox, 'cause the adhesive on the clip won't hold anymore.
I really apreciate some help. I don't have the drive Key... so it have to work...
Does Pritt glue work on PCB's ?

Last edited:

maikvitesse

Noob Account
Feb 24, 2016
Here are the full instructions on how to install and use the LT Clip & LT Switch v2

Teajunkie edit:
Ensure you push the LT clip all the way up to the power block so it wont move up any further!
I have had a few sent here that have shorted the board where the pins are shorting between ground and 3v.
maybe a dumb question, but where are the instructions?

Support Our Sponsors