LT Clip + LT Switch v2 - Instructions

Airborne 88

Feb 14, 2007
The Netherlands
Re: LT Clip + LT Switch v2 - Final Images

I'm glad there's gonna be a user-friendly solution for this! Good job on making the efforts, team :) though it's a pity you still have to cut the traces in the board :( any chance of preparing something to prevent this at all or is it truly the only method of getting the dvd key out of it?

hassan

Feb 15, 2005

trace cuts aren't that hard to do, if your worried watch youtube videos of people using fiberglass pens. Just try what they do until the desired results, then what I did was slowly cut with a sharp blade on the same spot until my multimeter showed that it was all good.

Airborne 88

Feb 14, 2007
The Netherlands

Of course I understand all this, but my main question was something like to avoid creating those cuts and still be able to modify it :) But like I said before, I think this is the only solution to it of getting the key out. Yet once more, good job team :) Now I'm only waiting to order my bundle kit lol

mnbvcxz90

Noob Account
Jul 2, 2010

Do you guys have any idea when these clips will be available for sale?

I have been checking everyday for the past 2 weeks hoping for an update on the distribution date because I just got a new Xbox and was about to pay someone else to mod it but then saw this thread and figured I could do it myself if they are released soon.

krypt1c

VIP Member
May 23, 2010
Nottingham

modtraders uk have it in now m8
Do you guys have any idea when these clips will be available for sale?

I have been checking everyday for the past 2 weeks hoping for an update on the distribution date because I just got a new Xbox and was about to pay someone else to mod it but then saw this thread and figured I could do it myself if they are released soon.

Winlect

Noob Account
Jul 3, 2010

May be a noobish question but do I need a Connectivity Kit with this?

Airborne 88

Feb 14, 2007
The Netherlands

As you would still need to extract the DVD Key and power on the drive, I think it's a yes. Just wait until a possible new tutorial will be released for this baby :)

Last edited:

May be a noobish question but do I need a Connectivity Kit with this?
Not a necessity but it does make life a lot easier and is recommended , or you would need to use your xbox to power it and that can flag no drive connected. (possible ban)

Winlect

Noob Account
Jul 3, 2010

Not a necessity but it does make life a lot easier and is recommended , or you would need to use your xbox to power it and that can flag no drive connected. (possible ban)
Thanks.

johanno

Jul 5, 2010

I've just ordered one of these and just had some brief questions.

1) In the first picture showing installation, a few of the traces seem to be scratched besides the 3 red ones. Are these just leftover from another install or are they required for the clip install?

2) What I've read suggests that nothing else is necessary to extract the key & write the firmware?

3) How securely is the board held? I would assume this was accounted for in development, but I just want to be sure that it's not going to fall off randomly.

4) With regards to powering the drive, I intend to use my old, dead 360 to power the drive during flashing. MS can't pickup on that can they, at least on the newer 360? I don't plan to play online with the modded xbox anyways so it shouldn't really matter.

Thanks and here's hoping to a successful mod.

BraveH43

VIP Member
Sep 13, 2008
Somewhere in the 'verse

1) In the first picture showing installation, a few of the traces seem to be scratched besides the 3 red ones. Are these just leftover from another install or are they required for the clip install?
The red lines are where you cut the traces the others are cleaned off to allow contact with the clip

2) What I've read suggests that nothing else is necessary to extract the key & write the firmware?
A CK3 Pro would be helpful and of course you need a SATA connection to your PC and Jungleflasher :)

3) How securely is the board held? I would assume this was accounted for in development, but I just want to be sure that it's not going to fall off randomly.
Its help on with sticky backing on the board itself then re-enforced with the clear clip cover

4) With regards to powering the drive, I intend to use my old, dead 360 to power the drive during flashing. MS can't pickup on that can they, at least on the newer 360? I don't plan to play online with the modded xbox anyways so it shouldn't really matter.
Using another 360 is a possible option yes - but you say its "dead" - if it doesnt power on then you cant use it!

Once installed just follow the JF Tutorial for the LT Switch V1/V1.5 (operates in the same manner)

Last edited:

johanno

Jul 5, 2010

The red lines are where you cut the traces the others are cleaned off to allow contact with the clip

A CK3 Pro would be helpful and of course you need a SATA connection to your PC and Jungleflasher :)

Its help on with sticky backing on the board itself then re-enforced with the clear clip cover

Using another 360 is a possible option yes - but you say its "dead" - if it doesnt power on then you cant use it!

Once installed just follow the JF Tutorial for the LT Switch V1/V1.5 (operates in the same manner)
Thanks for your response. Couple follow up questions.

1) By clean trace it just means exposing them? What is a good tool to do this with? I'm a bit of a noob to PCB modding, hence why I ordered the clip model;)

2) You say a CK3 Pro is helpful. Is that just to power the drive or is it used to extract the key?

4) My 'dead' 360 E74s sometimes, sometimes it's ok. What's the cheapest solution to power the DVD drive since that's all I need it to do?

Also, on my 'dead' 360 I had used an intel sata chipset to flash the firmware and had no problems. Given this, is it safe to assume that the liteon will work fine with the same system?

Again, many thanks for your help!

johanno

Jul 5, 2010

Here's my board. Don't think I butchered it too much...