LT Clip + LT Switch v2 - Instructions

johanno

Jul 5, 2010
In that image, is the white where the traces have been scratched out or just exposed?

This is how I have mine currently.
A is exposed
B is cut from A and C but otherwise exposed
D is exposed
E is cut near the curve and exposed

Last edited:

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
They have only been exposed!

The white as you put it is probably just the flash on the camera.
I think the white hes on about is where he thinks theres an imaginary cut, but its actaully 3 squares which are painted on at the factory.

johanno

Jul 5, 2010
I'm referring to the whiteish section thats along the trace, not the silkscreened line. According to the first picture in this thread it shows to make 3 cuts on the traces.

What you guys seem to be saying is that the locations on the images above are all just exposed and none are cut. That is the same image in the first post just without the red lines. So isn't it the same procedure as the regular lt switch which shows this

Last edited:

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
In the very first post of this tutorial - the top image clearly shows where to expose and where to cut - it even says VERY CLEARLY that its the same procedure as a normal LT Switch.

You are WAY WAY WAY over complicating this for yourself. Just follow the guide - I made it so a 10 yr old could do it.

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
This cant be any simpler than it shows you in the very first photograph.

You use a fibreglass scratch pen to prep the board where you can see the green varnish has been scratched away, you then make the cuts where the red lines are.

Thats it. Simple.

johanno

Jul 5, 2010
I know I'm overcomplicating it. Anyways I think I did it right I just have to wait for the clip to arrive and see what happens. Worst case, I can bridge the cuts back or something so not all is lost. Hell, worst case I exchange it at Target. I'll be back with results.

johanno

Jul 5, 2010
Should be able to click for high res. It seems to open two images for some reason, not sure why. sorry

Last edited:

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
Can't be 100% sure but the pad on the left looks separated from the trace, as if you gone too deep. Can you test it with a multimeter to make sure you still have a circuit at that point.
While your at it, just for completeness, just check the cuts too. I'm not saying there not cut but for your own piece of mind, the multimeter will guarantee that your job is good.

johanno

Jul 5, 2010
Can't be 100% sure but the pad on the left looks separated from the trace, as if you gone too deep. Can you test it with a multimeter to make sure you still have a circuit at that point.
While your at it, just for completeness, just check the cuts too. I'm not saying there not cut but for your own piece of mind, the multimeter will guarantee that your job is good.
Which pad on the left? I've tested the cuts with a meter and they are definitely cut. I've tested all the pads and they seem to be good but I probably won't know for sure until I get the chip. Thanks.

Last edited:

johanno

Jul 5, 2010
The one on the left above the White sticker. Is it still connected to the trace?
That's the one near the silkscreened D? Yeah it's still connected. Looks pretty beat up in the photo but it's not quite that bad and is at least mostly in tact.

yohanns23

Noob Account
Jul 7, 2010
sorry to interrupt , can i ask y'all a question,
1) does the v2 version need to be removed at the end once finishing...?
2) The Pics On Page 1 show a 3 wire cable to the sata port....Why Do I Need To Connect That there?....
3) Does This Work Without Probes?.....If I Wanna Flash Any Lite on (Just One Time Story)Can I Buy This Clip + switch v2 + ck3 pro To DO It All?
4) Once I Place The LT In, Do I Need To Connect The Circuit Board Back To The Full Drive And Re-Attach Those 3 Cables?
Thanks A Lot! :) (Love The New Design!!)

Last edited:

fits79

Mar 2, 2009
2) The Pics On Page 1 show a 3 wire cable to the sata port....Why Do I Need To Connect That there?....
3) Does This Work Without Probes?.....If I Wanna Flash Any Lite on (Just One Time Story)Can I Buy This Clip + switch v2 + ck3 pro To DO It All?
4) Once I Place The LT In, Do I Need To Connect The Circuit Board Back To The Full Drive And Re-Attach Those 3 Cables?
I want the answer to same questions me to and if there is a COMPLETE guide for this new product.

A lot of thanks.

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
look at the PDF - explains it a bit better