LT Switch 1.6 help

laziox360

Noob Account
Dec 18, 2017
Not sure if anyone reads this forum any more. Any info / assistance is appreciated.

Stock Phat 360 with Lite-On DG-16D2S. HW Ver: A0A1 FW Ver: 74850C

However, the 360 has been updated to system/dash ver 17526, so from what I've read, I assume the drive's firmware is now 02510.

I've done a few 'easy' drives before, so I do already have a CK3i and an X360USB Pro (updated to fw 0.20.1).

I purchased an LT SWITCH 1.6 from modchipcentral, and using images/info from here, I had a friend install/solder the LT Switch 1.6 to the DVD drive's board (I showed him the thread/image regarding prepping/scratching the points carefully prior to soldering). I was nervous about that part... but anyway I brought the drive home and tested it (with switch in the NORMAL position) on the 360 and confirmed that it reads official discs (so far so good, he didn't destroy it!)

So now I'm moving on to Key grabbing and flashing. I connect the CK3i to the drive, make sure the power switch is on, and connect the X360 USB Pro to the drive, connect them to my laptop.

I can see the green LED on the LT Switch 1.6. The switch is in the Normal position. I load up Jungleflasher 0.1.95b and go to the DVD Key 32 tab, hit refresh, and confirm in the log that the Lite-On drive is connected. I believe the FW ver field said 0251.

At this point, I don't know what the official instructions are when reading / flashing using the LT Switch 1.6. I see some great step-by-step guides on here on how to do things using CK Probe, but no thread specifically for the LT Switch 1.6. So forgive my noob-ness - is the LT Switch 1.6 supposed to be a replacement for using a probe?? Or is a probe still required here?

And should the green LED switch to a different LED once the switch is moved to the R/W position? (I think this is important to know, as it would help me confirm whether or not the chip install was a success - it's nice that the drive works on the 360 in Normal mode, but that doesn't quite mean that every part of the chip is working OK).

And what are the exact steps when reading / writing with JungleFlasher when it comes to the LT Switch 1.6?

Thank you for reading - any feedback would be appreciated. I'm going to attempt to attach a pic of the LT SWITCH 1.6 installed on the dvd drive board (yes, the laser ribbon cable is disconnected, because I also read on here that some peoples lasers have been damaged during flash operation! Scary and sneaky...)

Attachments

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
It has been years since I have modded a 16D2S but if my memory serves me correctly you can use the pogo mo thoin method to get the info from the drive. I think it's the easiest method. You could read through the Jungle Flasher pdf for specific instructions.

edit: that may be for the 16D4S. I will look into it and get back.

Reactions: laziox360

laziox360

Noob Account
Dec 18, 2017
Duh, I found most of the info I needed in the first sticky (sorry). It's this thread, and it shows everything about the install so that you can READ your drive's fw/key. https://team-xecuter.com/community/threads/xecuter-lt-switch-all-liteon-drives-mra-hack-installation-updated-3-11-2010.38765/#post-297974

Clearly, I didn't see the part about cutting the traces before attempting this install. (damn!) Gonna see if that's still possible...

At the end of that thread is some noob-friendly write instructions, but the link takes me back to the forum home. I'd really like to see that thread in case there is anything special that needs to be done... is it gone?

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
You can follow this guide. (attached)

Sorry I haven't had a chance to look deeper into it. I still think the 16D2S info can be easily extracted via Pogo Mo Thoin method, and the 16D4S with the kamakazi hack (not for noobs)

Capture.PNG

Attachments

Reactions: laziox360

laziox360

Noob Account
Dec 18, 2017
You can follow this guide. (attached)

Sorry I haven't had a chance to look deeper into it. I still think the 16D2S info can be easily extracted via Pogo Mo Thoin method, and the 16D4S with the kamakazi hack (not for noobs)
Thank you!

Support Our Sponsors