Matrix Glitcher V1 wont glitch on a phat [+Pictures]

nitrozity

Noob Account
Jul 10, 2019
NY
First off, if I am posting this in the wrong section please let me know

Yesterday I did a full RGH 1.2 install on a Falcon console with the Matrix Glitcher v1. (I followed TWM's guide)

I read the nand, wrote the ecc, installed the glitch chip, programmed the chip, and for some reason when trying to boot xell I get only one blue light flash on the glitch chip when the console first powers on, but after that I see no signs of it glitching. (No flashing/glitching) Console also shows no signs of booting up

All solder points were triple checked and look perfectly fine to me, including the ground/vcc wires. No bridging whatsoever

I have done well over 10 successful rgh installs on these phat consoles with the same glitch chip, so this is a new problem to me, if any advise could be given I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Pictures ~
Chip:

point "F" and "A" (Left to right)

point "B"

point "C - CLK" (TWM recommends this alternative point, never had issues with it)

Last edited:

chris2122

VIP Member
Mar 11, 2011
Sunderland
First off, if I am posting this in the wrong section please let me know

Yesterday I did a full RGH 1.2 install on a Falcon console with the Matrix Glitcher v1. (I followed TWM's guide)

I read the nand, wrote the ecc, installed the glitch chip, programmed the chip, and for some reason when trying to boot xell I get only one blue light flash on the glitch chip when the console first powers on, but after that I see no signs of it glitching. (No flashing/glitching) Console also shows no signs of booting up

All solder points were triple checked and look perfectly fine to me, including the ground/vcc wires. No bridging whatsoever

I have done well over 10 successful rgh installs on these phat consoles with the same glitch chip, so this is a new problem to me, if any advise could be given I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Pictures ~
Chip:

point "F" and "A" (Left to right)

point "B"

point "C - CLK" (TWM recommends this alternative point, never had issues with it)

Your soldering looks quite bad, you're going wrong somewhere with either: your iron is too hot, your solder is cheap and nasty or you're cooking the solder too long without the use of flux (cooked out all the rosin) None of your points look "fine". Your RST point looks particularly suspect, your PLL bypass has too much exposed wire and could be bridging that pad beneath, can't see from the viewpoint of the photo. Your POST looks fine, and your alt CLK looks passable too (never used it personally).

I'd say try redo PLL and RST with shorter exposed wire and some flux.

If it still persists, remove all the wires (you can leave ground I guess) and flash your retail nand and see if the xbox still boots. If it does then redo all of your points (preferably with flux)

P.S. This is the wrong area, and there's no official support here for Matrix chips as they are not TX products, so commenting on your wiring is about as good as it can get.

P.P.S It also looks like your PLL and RST wires are in the "no boot" zone, route the wires closer to the xclamps and avoid the large solder blobs below the PLL and RST points

Reactions: nitrozity

nitrozity

Noob Account
Jul 10, 2019
NY
Your soldering looks quite bad, you're going wrong somewhere with either: your iron is too hot, your solder is cheap and nasty or you're cooking the solder too long without the use of flux (cooked out all the rosin) None of your points look "fine". Your RST point looks particularly suspect, your PLL bypass has too much exposed wire and could be bridging that pad beneath, can't see from the viewpoint of the photo. Your POST looks fine, and your alt CLK looks passable too (never used it personally).

If it still persists, remove all the wires (you can leave ground I guess) and flash your retail nand and see if the xbox still boots. If it does then redo all of your points (preferably with flux)

P.S. This is the wrong area, and there's no official support here for Matrix chips as they are not TX products, so commenting on your wiring is about as good as it can get.

P.P.S It also looks like your PLL and RST wires are in the "no boot" zone, route the wires closer to the xclamps and avoid the large solder blobs below the PLL and RST points

Just redid those two points you pointed out, sure enough that was the problem! Didn't think so much about it until you look that closely in a picture or on camera.

Thanks a lot for the information & your help on this @chris2122 !!