messed up skin

TCPMeta

Noob Account
May 9, 2005
I installed the "Blue Hyperbole (Gadget424)" skin and now my display is all gone to hell. Everything is smashed together. I tryed reflashing but it's still there. I can FTP into my xbox. Is there a file I can edit to make it go back to the default skin?

g$$$

VIP Member
Apr 21, 2005
IN
Try this
Reboot holding the white button
press A
press down 4 times
press A
press down once
press A
Press B
Press B
Press down six times then press A
This should get you back to your dash. Then delete blue hypershit. This should work unless you have messed things up reflashing or something. Reflashing will not help, as the skins for x3cl are on the e drive. You never alter them by reflashing and the one you chose is still in there until you delete or change it.

TCPMeta

Noob Account
May 9, 2005
didn't work. I'm just going to pop the drive into my PC and delete the files from there. Good thing I never locked the drive.

TCPMeta

Noob Account
May 9, 2005
I fixed it, I set the drive in my PC then mounted it under linux and deleted the files.

chillster

Noob Account
Oct 5, 2004
UK
Even easier, just delete the 'selected' file from the 'x3Skins' folder, then re-boot xbox. Should go back to default skin. Then you can just delete the erroneous skin folder.

watts5ive

Noob Account
Jul 3, 2005
sholes, had the same problem. its not that easy. Be a little more understanding!!
u hide behind ur k board. i searched and it doesnt coe up.

ureterral

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
www.fase.me
Anyway... fear not of the sh*tty skins.
Ive allmost finished fixing the dodgy ones.
If i get time later on tonight or tomorrow ill finish then hang around for MomDad to inject back into the server.
Then YEAY more skins to download via the ConfigLive that actually WORK!

g$$$

VIP Member
Apr 21, 2005
IN
TOOL, yes you, this thread is like 2 months old!!! Shut up.

ureterral

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
www.fase.me
I had a proper look through the ini and found out it was the menu rectangle bounds that was causing the error. If you want to fix it without deleting the skin just make the following corrections in the ini...
Code:
selectorcolor = 0x8894B1D4
menu_rect = 11,11,300,210

Last edited:

skullshot

Noob Account
May 16, 2005
Australia
www.morb.ath.cx
g$$$ said:
Try this
Reboot holding the white button
press A
press down 4 times
press A
press down once
press A
Press B
Press B
Press down six times then press A
This should get you back to your dash. Then delete blue hypershit. This should work unless you have messed things up reflashing or something. Reflashing will not help, as the skins for x3cl are on the e drive. You never alter them by reflashing and the one you chose is still in there until you delete or change it.
thank u!!!! i followed these steps and it got my default skin back!!

Lost_Child_of_Mu

Noob Account
Dec 10, 2005
I've got the same problem except i cant seem to ftp, i swapped the HD for a different one but the same skin is installed, if people are having this problem why is it still on the server? And if it's been "coverd about a million times here" why cant it be a sticky untill it is deleted? untill it is deleted you'll always gonna get unsuspecting fools like me downloading it and posting the same req for help.