months of trying and still no luck

Akashascosset

Noob Account
Dec 19, 2019
Canada
Hi everyone,

This is my first time modding a 360, but I've been spending months scouring forums and playing around with trial and error trying to do an RGH mod.

For the first few weeks, it took forever to install the driver for the Xecuter J-R Programmer v2. I'm using Windows 10, and after it tried to auto install the driver it kept saying that the device couldn't get the name or ID from it and would just sit there with a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager. I would plug into all different USB ports and nothing. Occasionally the light would be green and the light would be red, and depending on the colour of the light the device would show up under different headings in the device manager.

I am aware that you have to disable certain protections to get the drivers installed, but none of that was working.

I eventually tried on my dad's computer that is still running Win 7. I noticed that when I would plug/unplug the programmer, jrunner notified when "bootloader" was (dis)connected, which is not something that happens with my laptop. I was able to update hex and then install driver but it didn't detect xbox when I clicked on the question mark button in jrunner - saying connection error can not continue. Eventually I tried on my mom's windows 10 with the same results.

I eventually got to the point where I could install the driver on my laptop, in a very random method of plugging and unplugging into all USB ports, but it still never says that the bootloader is (dis)connected (regardless of switch position), and is very random in whether or not the light turns on green or red when initially plugged in.

So, like every forum post says to do, I redid soldering (see picture album link provided) and I still get the same problems.

At this point, with how decent my soldering seems, fear of melting anything from soldering too much, and the amount of trouble I've had just trying to get any computer to recognize the J-R Programmer v2 device, I'm highly hesitant to just keep resoldering until something works. I've noticed quite a few people experience similar problems that I have but all they ever got told is to redo the soldering because the programmer/runner is perfect, which clearly is not the case when running Win machines (I suspect that MS is savvy to Xecuter's methods and has intentionally tried to block the drivers operation).

If you can offer any other suggestions other than re-soldering, or if you have a firm critique of what you see in the pics, then I would be happy to hear your ideas.

Thanks

--
Evolve Aspire Design Create Inspire
JugHead

Soldering photos

Akashascosset

Noob Account
Dec 19, 2019
Canada
you need to disable drivers signature enforcement
before installing drives.
google how to disable drivers signature enforcement.
and after ur able ti installing J-R Programmer drivers.
I'm already aware of this. I did a procedure that requires a special kind of reboot to change 1 or 2 setting through the CMD prompt and I also changed a setting in the BIOS in order to disable any safety checks for driver installations.

Akashascosset

Noob Account
Dec 19, 2019
Canada
With the help of active members on /r360hacks they've notified me that the solder points I'm using beside the heat sink are supposed to be on the set a little further towards the motherboard's side edge