GENERAL Motherboard identification

decerent

Sep 22, 2017
Hello, i recently bought a slim and tried to identify the motherboard type. the mfr date is 2011-7-6 and it says 10.83a on the 360 is this a trinity? (i am just a bit confused by the diagram thats all) also are all psu's the same for all slims or are they different for a trinity than a corona?

Joo C

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2011
South Africa
thank you although the psu say 9.6 is this the wrong psu?
To be quite honest I have never noticed the difference you’re pointing out on the PSU itself. I’ve literally switched and swapped hundreds of them without having ever picked up issues so I would say you’re good to go. On a side-note, in the past where backward compatibility was an issue MS added tabs to the PSU input. This resulted in limiting the use of the PSU; such as a Falcon not being able to fit into a Xenon or a Jasper into a Falcon even though they appear to be quite similar. I will therefore deduce that if it wasn't meant to work there would have been evidence

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
You really can't know for sure until you open it. There are Coronas manftd in that date range, and going by the PSU amperage isn't foolproof (people swap shells all the time between trinities/coronas). As a reference you can see a list of motherboard models along with manf dates here:
https://www.360drives.com/list

In the end you can't be certain until it's opened. (or you can shine a flashlight in through the side and see if there's a HANA chip.

Mikaz

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2009
Vilnius, Lithuania
I had few problems when using trinity with 9.6A PSU. Trinity reboots using kinect and external HDD at the same time when playing. Swaping PSU to 10,83 A solved this problem

Reactions: Joo C

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
I had few problems when using trinity with 9.6A PSU. Trinity reboots using kinect and external HDD at the same time when playing. Swaping PSU to 10,83 A solved this problem
kinda makes sense as kinect is drawing more power.