Moving emuNAND to new SD Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

six6six4kids

Noob Account
Jul 28, 2019
USA
Hi, first post here, apologies if this isn't the right subforum, or if this is an FAQ.

I just got my first switch and am running OFW 8.1.0 and SX OS CFW 2.8.

I have an emuNAND installed as files on SDcard, but after installing I realized it takes up half of my 64GB card (exFAT).

If in the future I want to utilize more file space, is it as simple as transferring over all card contents, or is there a tool I need to make the bridge cleanly?

Thanks!

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Not sure if you figured this out, but since you are using SD files you can just copy everything from one SD to another SD.

six6six4kids

Noob Account
Jul 28, 2019
USA
Great thanks, that's what I was looking for!

If I use the partitioned emuNAND for the new SD card, is there a more involved process for transferring my files?

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Yes. You would need to use a tool to mount the partition on a computer to copy it or a tool that can read the hidden partition. For me it's not worth the extra effort as it does not really make anything safer in my opinion.

Reactions: six6six4kids

six6six4kids

Noob Account
Jul 28, 2019
USA
Yes. You would need to use a tool to mount the partition on a computer to copy it or a tool that can read the hidden partition. For me it's not worth the extra effort as it does not really make anything safer in my opinion.
Great thanks for the info!
I’ll stick to files on card. I don’t plan to connect to the internet at all anyway so it should be all good.

Reactions: imprezgc8

sunnyone

Noob Account
Aug 7, 2019
belgium
Hello
for safety reasons.. I made an sd card with emunand in hidden partition.. and one with files on SD card. How can I move all my sace data to the second SD card (with emunand in files -instead of hidden)

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
Hello
for safety reasons.. I made an sd card with emunand in hidden partition.. and one with files on SD card. How can I move all my sace data to the second SD card (with emunand in files -instead of hidden)
Please start your own thread when you have a new question.

If you want to move your save games from one sd card to another, Just back up your saves with Checkpoint, or SX Installer, switch your sd cards - then import them.

[thread closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.