MUST READ FOR PEOPLE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MKM001

michael2016

Oct 3, 2011
Hey guys,

I know many of u are having problems getting ur burns to fall within Ubergeeks parameters in the guidelines thread. I was also having the same problem and my results were always so irregular and different that I had no idea what I could to do fix it.

I'd gone through more than 20 Verb 2.4x discs (MKM-100) on my iHas124-B and though every single one of them worked in my console, they did not pass the tests.

I'd tried what the guidelines recommended, FHT/OHT/SM on, on and on, then off, off and off, then a mixture of on and off .. still nothing worked. If anything, it got worse. Restored EEPROM, no improvement. Changed SATA port, no improvement. Installed a fresh copy of Windows on another partition, no improvement. I'd tried pretty much everything except the most obvious.

Ubergeek says to turn off OPC before write in IMGBURN if ur burning 2.4x discs (MKM-100). I'd done this every time and my results had always been bad. Then I read a random post from somebody who was having similar problems as me and out of frustration they tried forcing all options in EEPROM (FHT/OHT/SM/Overspeed burning) AND also turned on OPC and forced the burn to 4x.

I didn't expect much to come from this because nothing else had worked but I tried it regardless. Funny enough, it worked. I have done over 10 consecutive burns now and all of them are easily within the parameters set out by Ubergeek.

For those of u that are running out of ideas and patience, PLEASE TRY THIS !! It may or it may not work for u, but it sure as hell worked for me when nothing else would.

All the best bros.

Yakandu

Jan 28, 2011
Spain
Re: MUST READ FOR PEOPLE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH KPROBE2 !!

every PC is different so just try with all you can to get the best results

michael2016

Oct 3, 2011

this was recommended to me by somebody else and it worked exactly as he said it would.

those with MKM-100 discs that are failing the test, please try this method.

dieginho

Feb 1, 2011
new jersey

i tried it and it did work for me the results are a lot better than before thanks

michael2016

Oct 3, 2011

i tried it and it did work for me the results are a lot better than before thanks
Right on, bro !! :D

Admin, any chance of making this a sticky??
It seems that a tonne of people are having these problems due to following the guide that's up currently.

This could certainly help out many users.

arana

Nov 29, 2010
worked perfectly for me, i was having problems with a fresh win install on a 4gb athlon 64 dual core cpu at the end of layer 2, with these settings at 4x i got this beautiful result

michael2016

Oct 3, 2011
awesome !!

I'm so happy that our combined efforts have yielded positive results and piece of mind for us all :)

FlipMode

VIP Member
May 4, 2005
Woodstock, Ontario
I was having similar problems, I threw everything I could possibly think of at it and I could never get the 2nd layer to burn worth a crap.

Who would have known burning the MKM001 discs at 4X with OPC on would work.

I now have the best results ever since I used these settings, it is smooth through the whole burn process, PI never above 12 and PIF never above 2.

had22

Sep 24, 2010
Fl,USA
It work for me afther around 80dollars worth of verbatim down the drain , thanks a lot now lets just hope it stay there..

Tribis

Noob Account
Nov 1, 2011
I have good results with these settings, but not so much better than before. I'm going to try again through usb because seeing as someone here with almost the same specs as my pc got a perfect result makes me think my SATA chipset is to blame.

That's not to say my prior results aren't playable already.

Should the iso be on the OS hard drive or will it be better on a different drive?

Pampa

Noob Account
Aug 1, 2011
Argentina
Another success here!
I burned Forza4 disc1 in Windows Safe mode and this are the results.

:D

Last edited:

MOCAMBO

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2009
OMG I love you for finding this, I was getting HORRENDOUS results with the original settings, like PI 200+, PI Avg 10+ etc etc, now just check out what I got with my recent test!