[USA] My experiences having my RGH done by a professional

dragonman73

Noob Account
Sep 9, 2016
First off I am not sure where to post this so apologies if this is the wrong area, either way I feel like I need to put this out there because It's bothering me

I have been doing business with an online RGH service that "Mod's on the Weekend" .......I had one 360 slim done a year ago for myself and wanted to have another mint 360 elite and two more mint 360 elites done as well. I made sure to get really nice examples.

Sent the first two Elites off a few weeks ago a week apart. Since they were in great shape I packed the snot out of these with bubble wrap before I sent them, I didn't want them getting damaged.

First one came back and it was shipped in a med priority mail box like I sent..but with less bubble wrap and some of it slid over and the face was nicked on the end a little. I chalked it up and left it alone, no big deal. It wasn't too terribly bad.

The second one arrived yesterday......the box was beat up on all corners, lost it's shape and the xbox was pretty much flopping around inside the box with little protection.

This wasn't a med flat rate box, but something about 2" larger all the way around. There was very little bubble wrap in the box. It looks like maybe one layer was wrapped around the xbox and it shifted during shipping.

One I pulled the xbox out the faceplate was broke, hanging off and cracked. The dvd tray is distorted...you have to push on it a little to get it to open now.

I sent pics to this person and explained that this was damaged in shipping and wanted to know what the recourse was and if he had a spare faceplate, I would take that to repair this one.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My email:

Hi,

Having a little bit of an issue, the box this was shipped in was actually too big for the xbox and it was loosely packaged.

Because of the large box and loose packaging it arrived damaged on the face. The packaging had slid around to the sides and no protection on most of the xbox.

This is the 2nd damaged one I have gotten in a week and worst of the two packed.

I chalked the first one off as it was nick on the face plate...but this one I can't let go. It's cracked pretty bad and the access door is off now

I sent tightly packed and bubble wrapped xboxes on both occasions and if you look at the proof video this one was undamaged before it was shipped.

Just wondering what we can do to resolve this? A replacement black face would be ok, I can pop this one off and swap it out if you have one you can send.

Please advise - thanks again

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HIM:

Hi William,

I knew that I should have mentioned it in the proof video, but that most recent console was damaged en-route to me - as in I received it that way.

I think if you look closely at the video you can see that the little USB door is already missing, and the crack in the face plate already present. I intended to mention this in the proof video but I do so many of them that I went into my normal standard speech and just plain forgot.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ME:

Man this door is mashed in too and the DVD tray come out kind of crooked, and I am pretty sure that was from the bad packaging coming back

I'm not happy about this and wished you would have told me if it had a crack in the door when it got to you. Could have at least filed a claim then...now I am on the hook for the claim and I send the post office the mashed up box they will most likely reject it or laugh at me.I am still going to try though.

I specifically bought mint xboxes and sent them too you and packed the crap out of them for the sole purpose of having a nice RGH xbox when it came back...this makes the third one you did for me and I even left feedback on one of your youtube videos in the last week prior to sending these two. The rgh is fine, it's just how your packaging these coming back too me was the issue. Or at least this one....box was way too big with little packing..it wasn't package tight. I got a bigger box and less packing than I sent you.

Was going to send a 4th one for you to do for me but I am hesitant now because I have a bad vibe about it now

Going to chalk this up as a loss now if usps rejects my claim...thanks

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HIM:

I totally understand the frustration, and I don't blame you at all. From your perspective you mailed out a good condition case console and then got back a broken one. I get it.

Thing is, I frequently receive damaged consoles from shipping and unfortunately yours was no exception.

I really don't think USPS is going to "laugh at you" because you were mailing the console in for a service, I think all you should have to do is explain that you mailed it in for a service, the cosmetic damage didn't prevent the service from being done - so it was - and then it was sent back to you. That doesn't diminish the damage done on the enroute to me leg of things.

As far as you having issue with how I'm packaging these, I really take exception to you calling the box oversized or the packaging insufficient. I mail literally hundreds of these per year, and have very few issues. I packed these consoles myself - they're wrapped completly 360 degrees in bubble wrap, and any loose space inside the box is also filled with bubble wrap.

If you decide to go forward with any future mods, you might consider de-casing the console before sending it. The internal metal housing is much more durable than the external plasic shell, and by removing the external case you allow even more room for padding.

All your call, and no pressure from me.

If you need any sort of supporting documentation from me to validate your claim with USPS - I'd be happy to provide it just let me know.

Even if you decide you'd rather file the claim against the package that I shipped you, every USPS Priority mail shipment includes $50 of built in insurance and I'm certain that would be more than enough to replace an entire case if you want.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ME:

It's fine, I am just going to try and source a faceplate off a junk xbox 360 to try and repair this one. Like I said lesson learned.

I am sorry you take exception about the packaging, the fact remains this was a poor package job in this instance. The first one was in a proper medium flat rate box and bubble wrapped a little better.

This one was in a box about 2" larger all the way around and not enough bubble wrap to keep the package tight enough. During shipping the bubble wrap shifted and left several areas unprotected and flopping around in the box. Add to the fact the box crumbled around the xbox any protection it was shipped with was gone. I knew when I seen the box it was going to be an issue.

Offering suggestions to decase after the fact feels like it is being put back on me, when I know what I received.

I didn't ship a xbox with a cracked faceplate, so even if it was damaged on it's way to you.I wished it was noted when you received it........I know what i got back and the condition of the box that was delivered to me didn't help.

Like I said I am going to leave it alone, the RGH was complete as requested and it works.

I just won't do business with you again because I don't know what condition the xbox will be in when it comes back from shipping .

If anyone asks me about my experience I will let them know.

Thanks, and I hate that it has come to this because I really like doing business with you,

Take care and I won't bother you again... i will delete my post on youtube

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HIM:

Alright, all your choices to make.

Just do be sure to modify that SMC power config with any new nands you build for that console. Without that modification the console wouldn't boot.

Best Regards,

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So that's where i left it...the only reason I wanted to put this out there so others could be aware of how he handles business. I was really put off by that.

Most sellers would own up to their shoddy packaging and make an attempt to correct any wrongs off the bat.

I sell car parts on eBay and when someone sends me pics of a package they receive like this the first thing I do is start the insurance claim to make them whole.

Not the case here, he was quick to say it was already there and avoid the pics I supplied of the packaging. Basicallt put the blame back on me.

I am having issues with this xbox making noises now and I think it's the DVD drive, and with how this was bumped around in the package it doesn't surprise me.

So I just wanted to give fair warning if your considering the service be aware of how you might recieve the package back...I have went through this twice in a week so it wasn't isolated incidents...just the last time was worse

Bad thing is I have one more Xbox Elite I need RGH'ed and have to find another service I can trust to pack this well and honor the insurance claim on it if it get's damaged.

2018-05-02 18.28.38.jpg2018-05-02 18.29.55.jpgView attachment 339902018-05-02 15.06.45.jpg2018-05-02 15.07.31.jpg2018-05-02 15.07.33.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

john mathews

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
peoria illinois
First off I am not sure where to post this so apologies if this is the wrong area, either way I feel like I need to put this out there because It's bothering me

I have been doing business with an online RGH service that "Mod's on the Weekend" .......I had one 360 slim done a year ago for myself and wanted to have another mint 360 elite and two more mint 360 elites done as well. I made sure to get really nice examples.

Sent the first two Elites off a few weeks ago a week apart. Since they were in great shape I packed the snot out of these with bubble wrap before I sent them, I didn't want them getting damaged.

First one came back and it was shipped in a med priority mail box like I sent..but with less bubble wrap and some of it slid over and the face was nicked on the end a little. I chalked it up and left it alone, no big deal. It wasn't too terribly bad.

The second one arrived yesterday......the box was beat up on all corners, lost it's shape and the xbox was pretty much flopping around inside the box with little protection.

This wasn't a med flat rate box, but something about 2" larger all the way around. There was very little bubble wrap in the box. It looks like maybe one layer was wrapped around the xbox and it shifted during shipping.

One I pulled the xbox out the faceplate was broke, hanging off and cracked. The dvd tray is distorted...you have to push on it a little to get it to open now.

I sent pics to this person and explained that this was damaged in shipping and wanted to know what the recourse was and if he had a spare faceplate, I would take that to repair this one.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My email:

Hi,

Having a little bit of an issue, the box this was shipped in was actually too big for the xbox and it was loosely packaged.

Because of the large box and loose packaging it arrived damaged on the face. The packaging had slid around to the sides and no protection on most of the xbox.

This is the 2nd damaged one I have gotten in a week and worst of the two packed.

I chalked the first one off as it was nick on the face plate...but this one I can't let go. It's cracked pretty bad and the access door is off now

I sent tightly packed and bubble wrapped xboxes on both occasions and if you look at the proof video this one was undamaged before it was shipped.

Just wondering what we can do to resolve this? A replacement black face would be ok, I can pop this one off and swap it out if you have one you can send.

Please advise - thanks again

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HIM:

Hi William,

I knew that I should have mentioned it in the proof video, but that most recent console was damaged en-route to me - as in I received it that way.

I think if you look closely at the video you can see that the little USB door is already missing, and the crack in the face plate already present. I intended to mention this in the proof video but I do so many of them that I went into my normal standard speech and just plain forgot.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ME:

Man this door is mashed in too and the DVD tray come out kind of crooked, and I am pretty sure that was from the bad packaging coming back

I'm not happy about this and wished you would have told me if it had a crack in the door when it got to you. Could have at least filed a claim then...now I am on the hook for the claim and I send the post office the mashed up box they will most likely reject it or laugh at me.I am still going to try though.

I specifically bought mint xboxes and sent them too you and packed the crap out of them for the sole purpose of having a nice RGH xbox when it came back...this makes the third one you did for me and I even left feedback on one of your youtube videos in the last week prior to sending these two. The rgh is fine, it's just how your packaging these coming back too me was the issue. Or at least this one....box was way too big with little packing..it wasn't package tight. I got a bigger box and less packing than I sent you.

Was going to send a 4th one for you to do for me but I am hesitant now because I have a bad vibe about it now

Going to chalk this up as a loss now if usps rejects my claim...thanks

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HIM:

I totally understand the frustration, and I don't blame you at all. From your perspective you mailed out a good condition case console and then got back a broken one. I get it.

Thing is, I frequently receive damaged consoles from shipping and unfortunately yours was no exception.

I really don't think USPS is going to "laugh at you" because you were mailing the console in for a service, I think all you should have to do is explain that you mailed it in for a service, the cosmetic damage didn't prevent the service from being done - so it was - and then it was sent back to you. That doesn't diminish the damage done on the enroute to me leg of things.

As far as you having issue with how I'm packaging these, I really take exception to you calling the box oversized or the packaging insufficient. I mail literally hundreds of these per year, and have very few issues. I packed these consoles myself - they're wrapped completly 360 degrees in bubble wrap, and any loose space inside the box is also filled with bubble wrap.

If you decide to go forward with any future mods, you might consider de-casing the console before sending it. The internal metal housing is much more durable than the external plasic shell, and by removing the external case you allow even more room for padding.

All your call, and no pressure from me.

If you need any sort of supporting documentation from me to validate your claim with USPS - I'd be happy to provide it just let me know.

Even if you decide you'd rather file the claim against the package that I shipped you, every USPS Priority mail shipment includes $50 of built in insurance and I'm certain that would be more than enough to replace an entire case if you want.

ME:

It's fine, I am just going to try and source a faceplate off a junk xbox 360 to try and repair this one. Like I said lesson learned.

I am sorry you take exception about the packaging, the fact remains this was a poor package job in this instance. The first one was in a proper medium flat rate box and bubble wrapped a little better.

This one was in a box about 2" larger all the way around and not enough bubble wrap to keep the package tight enough. During shipping the bubble wrap shifted and left several areas unprotected and flopping around in the box. Add to the fact the box crumbled around the xbox any protection it was shipped with was gone. I knew when I seen the box it was going to be an issue.

Offering suggestions to decase after the fact feels like it is being put back on me, when I know what I received.

I didn't ship a xbox with a cracked faceplate, so even if it was damaged on it's way to you.I wished it was noted when you received it........I know what i got back and the condition of the box that was delivered to me didn't help.

Like I said I am going to leave it alone, the RGH was complete as requested and it works.

I just won't do business with you again because I don't know what condition the xbox will be in when it comes back from shipping .

If anyone asks me about my experience I will let them know.

Thanks, and I hate that it has come to this because I really like doing business with you,

Take care and I won't bother you again... i will delete my post on youtube

HIM:

Alright, all your choices to make.

Just do be sure to modify that SMC power config with any new nands you build for that console. Without that modification the console wouldn't boot.

Best Regards,

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So that's where i left it...the only reason I wanted to put this out there so others could be aware of how he handles business. I was really put off by that.

Most sellers would own up to their shoddy packaging and make an attempt to correct any wrongs off the bat.

I sell car parts on eBay and when someone sends me pics of a package they receive like this the first thing I do is start the insurance claim to make them whole.

Not the case here, he was quick to say it was already there and avoid the pics I supplied of the packaging. Basicallt put the blame back on me.

I am having issues with this xbox making noises now and I think it's the DVD drive, and with how this was bumped around in the package it doesn't surprise me.

So I just wanted to give fair warning if your considering the service be aware of how you might recieve the package back...I have went through this twice in a week so it wasn't isolated incidents...just the last time was worse

Bad thing is I have one more Xbox Elite I need RGH'ed and have to find another service I can trust to pack this well and honor the insurance claim on it if it get's damaged.

View attachment 33987View attachment 33988View attachment 33989View attachment 33990View attachment 33991View attachment 33992View attachment 33993
just plain sad. I hope at least u get your insurance money. But as a so called pro . I believe he's lying. And I would never do business with him again. He's never a professional lmao. Wait a minute maybe he is . A professional liar.

Last edited:

dragonman73

Noob Account
Sep 9, 2016
Yeah at this point it's not going to help filing a claim, I started it and the post office wants pictures of the box and damage. There's no way I could send them that...they would laugh at me and immediately tell me there wasn't enough packing in the box to protect it. I'm actually embarrassed to file a claim on that package with the way it looks.

It would have been $50 if I got anything...I'm glad this damn thing boots up or I would have been out the cost of the RGH service and the cost of the Xbox I purchased to do this. But it took a heavy hitting during it's travels so who knows.

I found a parts only elite and charger for $36 shipped on eBay with a good face plate...I bought that to repair this one.

Joo C

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2011
South Africa
I think it's a bit unfair calling him a liar when nobody commented on the video he refers to proving there was already a crack on the faceplate. Shipping unfortunately carries the risk of potential damage regardless of how you package the console. As a goodwill gesture however he would have had 'easier' access to a replacement faceplate that could have offered some relief to his customer and not ruined future business

dragonman73

Noob Account
Sep 9, 2016
I wouldn't call him a liar, I just think the whole thing is a mess...in summary I wished

1. Would have told me about the broken faceplate when he received it, there would have had to been some noticeable damage on the package.

2. He would have done a better job packing it, nobody wants to come home and see a box noticeably damaged with their property banged around in there like that

3. Been more receptive to the issues, if he dropped the ball and failed to mention any damage and then seen how the box looked from the pics I sent him, he could at the very least started a claim to reimburse me something....instead I get a reply it was already broken and I guess I was supposed to accept that?? He never mentioned filing any claim or resolution in the first email...he just put it back on me.

Again, I KNOW shipping carries a risk of damage...but you STILL have to do your due diligence to prevent that by packing it as well as you can. And if there is any damage from shipping, you should be prepared to follow through on that as well....it's all part of the process from start to finish.

Here's the actual eBay listing where I purchased the console unmodified...sent it to him within a few days of receiving this...there isn't any damage on it and that's how I got it from that seller

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Elite-120GB-Black-Console/273161586523?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

He could have been a stand-up guy and said off the bat that he would go ahead and file a claim on the package and start the re-reimbursement...that's my only complaint or he could have offered to refund $20 of my money or send a replacement faceplate if he had one...there's a lot of things he could have done.

I make and sell fiberglass speaker kick panels for older camaro's.....had a guy contact me because he was upset that he cut the holes crooked on the drivers side one and messed it up. I immediately told him if he would pay for shipping I would send him another one for free. Another one misplaced his pinch weld molding I include in the kits...sent him a replacement for free.

Sent a pair of camaro rear spoilers to a buyer in the original boxes that they came in to me...one got damaged, like a truck ran over it....with no hesitation I said no problem, started a claim and he got his whole payment back in full, and got to keep the damaged one and the other side that arrived safely. I packed and and shipped those spoilers, I felt it was my responsibility as a seller to make sure the buyer was made "whole"....and filing the insurance claim was part of it.

I expect to be treated no less than how I treat other people....and with a 100% positive feedback ebay rating selling since 2001 it shows it

I'm not trying to make him look "bad".....just stating facts and my issues with this transaction, it could have been handled differently

Last edited:

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
Damn, if I ever buy an older camaro I know where I'm going for my speaker kick panels!

dragonman73

Noob Account
Sep 9, 2016
Thanks!, for me it's the cost of doing business. Every now and then you have to help buyer out to make them happy...could have very easily said I had nothing for them, but I am not wired that way. Most of the sales go perfectly and some will have a kink...just depends on how you want to handle them.

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
Thanks!, for me it's the cost of doing business. Every now and then you have to help buyer out to make them happy...could have very easily said I had nothing for them, but I am not wired that way. Most of the sales go perfectly and some will have a kink...just depends on how you want to handle them.
Not trying to speak for the guy who did your console, but traditionally console work tends to be full of people trying to scam each other. I think some of it is immaturity due to the age of most of the people getting the work done. So, most people doing the work probably carry a bit of cynicism going into exchanges.

dragonman73

Noob Account
Sep 9, 2016
Possibly, but I am 45 years old, def not your typical customer, but I def get what your saying

I have seen some of his proof videos and a few of the consoles he worked on looked like they have been abused, stickers on them, ect

I had this mentality going in that I wanted to send him this best possible xbox I could send, because i figured if I was spending money for a mod I didn't want to waste it on a junky xbox.

I'm real anal about details and how things look lol....my first RGH he did last year is in my home theater I built ..these other two were going in a kids room