ANSWERED My Hitachi 79 drive reads dvd(s), not cd-r or unlock_79 cd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
You'll soon reach the conclusion that clicking everything on an app in the hope something works is a bad idea.

Let's be honest - the reason you're in this mess to start with is because you didn't follow the JungleFlasher PDF.

Reactions: meads1970

devilhunter

Mar 7, 2014
you guys are really good at bashing others, as i said in the first post, I managed to get a back up right away, I however, when flashed a LT+ firmware, my xbox did not reject the disk for whatever reason. The reason I kept pressing all buttons is to observe the response of JK, in this case; I could not access to any of the available options because the drive was locked, and to further support my point I managed to get a log file. I had to re-install windows since the attached drive keeps freezing my pc all the time. I installed a 86x Windows 7 and guess what? It stills freeze my pc. I had to wait hours and hours to get a successful trial.
Anyways, here is my log file for those who are interested. I always think the same why when ppl dont follow a tutorial and get stuck somewhere, but in my case I was following everything mentioned in JK document. I believe when I switched from LT+ E tp LT+ C of the hitachi drive. I flashed lot of drives but this one is self aware and refuses to work!

Attachments

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Power the drive with the tray open and it will go into mode B and unlock automatically. From here you can dump it. Do nothing more than this. In your video you did NOT do this. Everyone who watched it saw you click the mode B button when no-one advised you to.

meads1970

BANNED
Jul 5, 2011
Lancashire
Bashing others is better than bashing r own heads against a brick wall which if u don't know what that means its a phrase used when trying to help a person who just blaitenly ignores help or advice so the best of luck in trying to sort such a simple drive to flash or return to stock

devilhunter

Mar 7, 2014
Power the drive with the tray open and it will go into mode B and unlock automatically. From here you can dump it. Do nothing more than this. In your video you did NOT do this. Everyone who watched it saw you click the mode B button when no-one advised you to.
I swear to you, when I created the log file, I first sent the command to open the tray, power off the drive then send mode be and power it again. Nothing had happened!

devilhunter

Mar 7, 2014
Bashing others is better than bashing r own heads against a brick wall which if u don't know what that means its a phrase used when trying to help a person who just blaitenly ignores help or advice so the best of luck in trying to sort such a simple drive to flash or return to stock
I was ignoring; in fact, I do really appreciate your help!

devilhunter

Mar 7, 2014
I wasnt ignoring; in fact, I do really appreciate your help!

turny

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2010
#JungleFlasher
Do not use windows or over sata commands within jf to open and close drive,only use the ck3
Do not have modeb switch enabled on ck3, led needs to be blue, that's for pre78 hitachi's and is known to cause problems
drive undetermined is the usual message when you are trying to ramupload a locked 79,
so if the drive is already flashed then powering it up with drive fully open should indeed set modeb and unlock the 79,
if this isn't working then you need to run the unlock79 cd
you problem is now : how to run a unlock cd on a drive that doesn't play cd's,
try another media type do not use sony brands,
try pot tweaking the cd pot on the laser calibration,
maybe you need a good known hardware donor to transfer the 79 pcb into
all phat hitachi's are the same and will accept the pcb.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I swear to you, when I created the log file, I first sent the command to open the tray, power off the drive then send mode be and power it again. Nothing had happened!
See, no-one is telling you to do any of that. You're having a real hard time following instructions.

1. Power the drive and open the tray.
2. Leave the tray open and power the drive off (tray should be out).
3. Power the drive on. The tray should automatically close and the drive should now be unlocked and in mode B. You should be able to read/write the drive now. You do NOT need to do anything more with open, close or mode B. This is exactly what people have been telling you to do.

devilhunter

Mar 7, 2014
Do not use windows or over sata commands within jf to open and close drive,only use the ck3
Do not have modeb switch enabled on ck3, led needs to be blue, that's for pre78 hitachi's and is known to cause problems
drive undetermined is the usual message when you are trying to ramupload a locked 79,
so if the drive is already flashed then powering it up with drive fully open should indeed set modeb and unlock the 79,
if this isn't working then you need to run the unlock79 cd
you problem is now : how to run a unlock cd on a drive that doesn't play cd's,
try another media type do not use sony brands,
try pot tweaking the cd pot on the laser calibration,
maybe you need a good known hardware donor to transfer the 79 pcb into
all phat hitachi's are the same and will accept the pcb.
I was using sony cd thats could be my issue!, but why it could run dvds in first place :S!

See, no-one is telling you to do any of that. You're having a real hard time following instructions.

1. Power the drive and open the tray.
2. Leave the tray open and power the drive off (tray should be out).
3. Power the drive on. The tray should automatically close and the drive should now be unlocked and in mode B. You should be able to read/write the drive now. You do NOT need to do anything more with open, close or mode B. This is exactly what people have been telling you to do.
My pc for wahtever reason will not allow me to eject the drive right away. I first had to click on "send mode-B" then switch off/on CK3 switch, after that my drive can eject by pressing the eject button. Of course I proceeded the steps as you mentioned. Its funny though to think something could damage the lens during the process, or the drive does not accept certain brands CD brands. Im sorry all for disturbing you. I had to reinstall windows, switch sata cords and Im considering now switching the stupid lens. If nothing can fix this, I might get a new drive, I have the key anyways.

Last edited:

devilhunter

Mar 7, 2014
There's an eject button on the CK3. Your PC won't be able to send the eject command.
Ck3 wont send a proper command to the drive for some reason, I hooked up a benq drive and it worked right away! I tried to switch CK3 modes between blue mode and red mode, but sadly I keep getting same results. I tried earlier to run an xbox update while the drive was attached to restore the default firmware, but I think I flashed my drive with a wrong firmware and hence Im getting such response. I should also note my xbox blinks once if I hit the eject button! it also keeps trying to read the disc. On top of that, the drive wont eject by hitting "X" on the controller. My biggest guest is whatever firmware in the drive is responsible for the issue, or firmware was not written and verified correctly!, which is highly unlikely. I think its time to rise white flag. The true reason why I was clicking on all options in the video is to get all JK responses and error code, I'm not that stupid ^^" though I seem to be a big one.

devilhunter

Mar 7, 2014
Eject/open the drive manually
I was trying to do that, the drive does eject differently from BenQ and Lite-on, will google and wish me luck!
I hear a exact clicking sound when I place a cd in the drive; this can not be a lens issue, anyways I will give it a try. Thanks for the help !

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Ck3 wont send a proper command to the drive for some reason
What does that mean exactly? Have you pressed it more than once? If you have the CK3 enabled for mode B then one press won't do it.

Please tell me you're trying to press it more than once.

As mentioned though, whichever way you need to get the drive to eject, do it. Once the tray is open, follow what I wrote above. I have no idea how you are making this so convoluted.

devilhunter

Mar 7, 2014
What does that mean exactly? Have you pressed it more than once? If you have the CK3 enabled for mode B then one press won't do it.

Please tell me you're trying to press it more than once.

As mentioned though, whichever way you need to get the drive to eject, do it. Once the tray is open, follow what I wrote above. I have no idea how you are making this so convoluted.
I was smashing the button so many times, and yes I tried that in both modes! (blue and red), but the drive will never eject! My biggest guess is the drive somehow got locked beyond repair! As I said earlier, I flashed the drive twice with no issues as at all, but suddenly it becomes self aware and refuses to get unlocked!

- - - Updated - - -

This is why logfiles are asked for
Ok, going to make a new one once I come back to home.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I was smashing the button so many times, and yes I tried that in both modes! (blue and red), but the drive will never eject! My biggest guess is the drive somehow got locked beyond repair! As I said earlier, I flashed the drive twice with no issues as at all, but suddenly it becomes self aware and refuses to get unlocked!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, going to make a new one once I come back to home.
Manually eject the tray, attempt what I posted before and post the log from it.

devilhunter

Mar 7, 2014
Manually eject the tray, attempt what I posted before and post the log from it.
I tried it with drive manually opened, same results... I should also note my xbox does not recognize my drive (it doesnt eject or close the drive when manually opened). I slid the white bar to open it....

I called a friend of mine ( shop owner but he does not do mods and such for xbox 360) he told me it could probably a burnt ic on the board or lens(90+% ) of the time!.

Thank you guys for helping I do really appreciate it.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.