ANSWERED My Hitachi 79 drive reads dvd(s), not cd-r or unlock_79 cd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
So this is good:

Code:
Drive, answers normal Windows Inquiry 12 0 0 0 24 0
0000: 05 80 00 32 5B 00 00 00 - 48 4C 2D 44 54 2D 53 54 ...2[...HL-DT-ST
0010: 44 56 44 2D 52 4F 4D 20 - 47 44 52 33 31 32 30 4C DVD-ROM GDR3120L
0020: 30 30 37 39                                       0079
Rather than dumping the drive straight away, have you tried the restore option first?

The 'Drive rev undetermined' may be because you screwed up by selecting manual FW versions previously.

Tray Opening
Playing 79Unlock Audio CD
Failed to Play 79Unlock Audio CD
If I see this again in your log when you were advised NOT to use the CD, I'll close the thread.

meads1970

BANNED
Jul 5, 2011
Lancashire
have u got the firmware packs in the right place in the jf folder? and try ticking PortIO and dont be impatient once jf has detected all it needs to just wait a few seconds before u start clicking

Last edited:

devilhunter

Mar 7, 2014
Well, when I click on free flash, jk forces the dump command and then it returns "Drive rev undetermined, Aborting!". Time to replace the lens and give it a try!

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Well, when I click on free flash, jk forces the dump command and then it returns "Drive rev undetermined, Aborting!". Time to replace the lens and give it a try!
It has nothing to do with the lens.

Replace the PCB or drive. Sorted. In short, you lack the tools/skills to resolve this.

meads1970

BANNED
Jul 5, 2011
Lancashire
what the heck has the lens to do with trying to flash any drive ?,think you should of let sum1 do it that knows what there doing,as Martin C says "you lack the tools/skills to resolve this."

devilhunter

Mar 7, 2014
I think im going to try dos method anyways, never seen such harsh moderators, just because I chose a wrong firmware hell gone loose. What if someone fry his own motherboard, are you going to ban him?

meads1970

BANNED
Jul 5, 2011
Lancashire
I think im going to try dos method anyways, never seen such harsh moderators, just because I chose a wrong firmware hell gone loose. What if someone fry his own motherboard, are you going to ban him?
lol thats right blame others for ur f**k up even though people have tried there best to help you and give plenty of advice.u wanna try doing abit more reading instead of jumping right in anyways trot along to dos cuz if you cant do a simple drive in jf then my prayers are with u :D

devilhunter

Mar 7, 2014
lol thats right blame others for ur f**k up even though people have tried there best to help you and give plenty of advice.u wanna try doing abit more reading instead of jumping right in anyways trot along to dos cuz if you cant do a simple drive in jf then my prayers are with u :D
you mocking in process :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.