My Trinity RGH is not booting

nice_guy75

Noob Account
Nov 2, 2011
India
u probably had a nand backup for a different console. or ur console was flashed with the wrong nand n thats why its not booting. but if a professional as u say is working on it. he should be able to get it up n running if its a nand problem.
No, I took my console back from that professional, he was talking about reballing the CPU or GPU, I had no idea about what this reballing is, When I searched on net it says something like heating CPU or GPU to a high temp. If you can elaborate on this if this is safe and worth doing then only I would go ahead. I am planning to visit Delhi I would hire another professional to get it fixed, but I am now losing hope. He flashed that stock nand but my console did not boot and gave red light. But I am more surprised to know when my working nand of v2.0.17489 which worked for months was also not matching with the nand which professional dumped on Sunday. I am wondering how is this possible, I updated my Dashboard myself, my console worked for months may be for years and the same nand is not matching with the nand dumped on Sunday. According to him CPU key is also not matching but this is entirely not correct, as I myself updated my dash using the same CPU key and my console worked well for 5-6 years with those dashboard updates.

Please elaborate with one scenario, if my son or his friends might have updated the dash with the updated dashboard from DVD or CD, then also nands won't match? As this is the only possibility left, as I have enabled MAC filter in my wifi router and only my 2 mobiles and 2 laptops can connect to my wifi router, Xbox can't connect with the wifi modem. Even if it can I would require Xbox live account to update my dash, and I don't have any Xbox live account, I used to connect my xbox to my wifi modem only to update DVD covers from some site, I don't remember its name.

Secondly if this is the scenario that my son or his friend might have updated the dash, what are the chances of my xbox getting back into life? I mean is it still possible to fix it or it is gone for ever and I should start selling its parts separately like its adapter and kinect.

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
Takes to pro

Doesn't take advice

returns here to blame kids

:unsure:

If he flashed the stock nand and got RROD, then I am assuming he checked the secondary error code then recommended a reball which makes sense if it randomly failed on you. That could have been caused by failing hardware.

We can't tell you what happened based on the info you have given. The best advice has been given. You could start over by writing the .ecc and trying to boot to xell to get the cpu key and write a new image to it, but the professional should know all this. If the xcgpu has failed it may benefit from a reball... or even a replacement... we can't know this for sure.

Reactions: nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Noob Account
Nov 2, 2011
India
Personally I would expect alot of differences between the stock nand, and the glitch nand. Infact they could be completly different kernels, and the smc will be different, and then there is the addition of xell. So, to expect them to be the same past the first 2 or 3 blocks would be stupidity. That being said, did they see if the console would boot the stock nand you have? if so, start the nand creation process over, and try again. as for the disc drive, there is a chance it needs a new laser assembly, which would cause the original issue of not being able to play games from disc. As for a disc update being applied, it is possible if you didnt set up the correct patches in dashlaunch, that changes where the system looks for updates on disc or usb. Even then, unless you make a choice to update, it wont. The game might not play, but you would have known the moment the console rebooted. My console was having issues the last time I turned it on, turned out to be that it got bumped, and the ribbon to my demon chip moved. Weirdly, I found if I disconnected that ribbon, the glitch nand booted instantly, where the stock nand wouldnt boot at all, but if I plugged it back in, the console was more likely to boot in 3 or 4 glitch cycles. lol. Not sure exacly why that is, but I dont really care about the extra 15 seconds or so. lol.
Yes he did flash the stock nand which I have but console did not boot, it gave red light.

I didn't not do anything in the last 2 years or so, I hardly purchase even new games as there are very few games which might have released for Xbox 360 especially after the release of Xbox one. Earlier my Xbox was giving a constant green light but nothing on the display nor the green circle of controls connecting to the console. After this professional done something to my console, the green light is continuously blinking. The console is still with my friend as I had to request him to collect my console from that professional. I have no idea what is the condition of my console as of now.

What are the chances of my console getting back to life if my son or his friend might have updated the dashboard using CD or DVD?
Takes to pro

Doesn't take advice

returns here to blame kids

:unsure:

If he flashed the stock nand and got RROD, then I am assuming he checked the secondary error code then recommended a reball which makes sense if it randomly failed on you. That could have been caused by failing hardware.

We can't tell you what happened based on the info you have given. The best advice has been given. You could start over by writing the .ecc and trying to boot to xell to get the cpu key and write a new image to it, but the professional should know all this. If the xcgpu has failed it may benefit from a reball... or even a replacement... we can't know this for sure.
I just want to know, is reball worth doing, I mean would my console last a reasonable life after a reball?

I am not sure what secondary error code you are talking about but then he changed the cool-runner assuming the cool-runner is not working properly. But even that didn't work and he concluded that my original cool-runner is working fine. That is all he checked and concluded that we have to do a reball. Should I go for a reball, is worth investing money? One more thing I forgot to mention he offered me a deal of giving me another console against this one and $60 whereas he was ready to fix it for $35.

Last edited:

nofeloniesyet

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
if he wrote what was the known good stock nand back and it rrod,then its no doubt a hardware issue,and i used to reball these man. your best off just finding a jasper model phat board and rghing it instead. reball is not the be all end all solution that you might read on the net.i even stopped doing em full stop because over years of collecting data,results were too all over the place to with confidence say that solves the issue. Jasper was by far the most reliable board i seen in 360 days.

Support Our Sponsors