Naming issue SX Installer 1.52 (or any version I think)

chrisssj2

Apr 2, 2014

As you can see there are some games on there which are named by their "real game name" and not by their "file name".
I have a special method for naming all my files, I name them via a metacritic notation and if they are single or local player supported etc.
Thus games will normally be named like "LPx50-59x3p Astro Bears Party [0100e5f00643c000][v0][xcib].xci" or "SPx60-69 Sparkle Unleashed [01000dc007e90000][v0][xcib].xci"
Where "LP" signifies Local play support for 2 or either 3 or more. And "SP" Singleplayer. With a range of metacritic to guage how good the game could be.

Now onto the actual problem, Via my own method of naming I prefer them to be ALL named/shown this way. All my files are named like this in windows explorer.
Yet there are a few dozen game out of my 600 games that refuse to adopt their filename but instead, stubbornly use their "real name". This causes the game to show up in different places if I sort on name for example. Not to mention it undoes the notation's I have done on them.

I'll give some examples of the filenames of the "real game names" that show up in my list as you can see on the screenshot.
"LPx0-39x2p 1917 - The Alien Invasion DX [01005CA0099AA000].xci"
"LPx80-100x2p Armello [010070A00A5F4000].xci"
"SPx80-100 Xenoblade Chronicles 2 [0100E95004038000].xci"
"Time Recoil [0100f770045ca000][v0][xcib].xci"
"LPx80-100x3p Super Smash Bros. Ultimate [01006A800016E000].xci"
And so on.. It doesn't seem like they are named differently then the other games that I have mentioned in this thread or that are on my harddrive so why the difference in appearing in the GUI of sxinstaller then?

Does anyone have an idea why some of my games appear differently in the "XCI scan list" of sx installer?
I want to see their full respective file names instead of their "real game names".

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Does it do the same thing with Tinfoil? To be honest I am surprised it even shows your naming convention at all since I believe it pulls the name from the title id.

chrisssj2

Apr 2, 2014
Does it do the same thing with Tinfoil? To be honest I am surprised it even shows your naming convention at all since I believe it pulls the name from the title id.
Well for 90% of the games it shows their filename in description when hovering over the game icon in "XCI scan list" So idk whats up with that 10% that its treating it differently.
I use tinfoil 0.2.1 and it displays the full NSP file path just like explorer.

chrisssj2

Apr 2, 2014
Another issue I have noticed today is that some games don't have a "preview picture" in the XCI tab. These games:
"goken"
"the world next door"
"Onimusha Warlords"
"power rangers"
"yet another zombie defense HD"

And a few pictures have their image halved / not completely showing:
These games: "road redemption" "mother russia bleeds"

mrbarnie

Noob Account
Nov 25, 2018
Hi Folks,
if sxinstaller anyway needs to check the titles with the correcsponding title ids every time during startup what about if these IDs are automatically added to the filename in order to rapidly improve the next load time?

cheeers
mrbarnie

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Hi Folks,
if sxinstaller anyway needs to check the titles with the correcsponding title ids every time during startup what about if these IDs are automatically added to the filename in order to rapidly improve the next load time?

cheeers
mrbarnie
You can add them yourself, but that doesn't seem to be the issue this user is having.

Support Our Sponsors