Nand X 3 red light no fix :(

dolgar

Noob Account
Apr 3, 2011
London
Hello experts,

I've run out of ideas..
Here is my problem:

I have a falcon board 360, have installed the jtag kit successfully (ithink, since i can read the nand without problems and the reads are identical) after the first step in which you have to write xell, I did as explained, removed nand x, connected the av cable and switched on the 360.. everything normal so far..

except for the five seconds of glory before the 3 red lights appeared and no only that.. the dvd tray opens up automatically and the centre led (green power one) keeps on flashing...

I've tried the x clamp thing, with no success and now I'm stuck with that.. it well might be software problem, but I cant seem to find any answer to it, and I've looked! I don't even know how to set the nand to original..

I'm using jtag tool, please HELP

Thanks in advance

MREVOVIII

VIP Member
May 26, 2010
Oregon, USA
xdev.dyndns-server.com
Hello experts,
except for the five seconds of glory before the 3 red lights appeared and no only that.. the dvd tray opens up automatically and the centre led (green power one) keeps on flashing...
do you have an error code??

if you dont then get it manually via the dvd tray button and the controller connect button

dolgar

Noob Account
Apr 3, 2011
London
ok, I get: after first press, four lights flashing. second press: same. Third press: the two red lights on the right side flashing. fourth press: four lights again. then back to 3 lights :frown:

MREVOVIII

VIP Member
May 26, 2010
Oregon, USA
xdev.dyndns-server.com
ok, I get: after first press, four lights flashing. second press: same. Third press: the two red lights on the right side flashing. fourth press: four lights again. then back to 3 lights :frown:
0030 : 4434 Problem with temperature control.
according to the Bible

so im guessing a bad GPU? of you over/underdid thermal paste on the repair job? other than that I'm not quite sure. I have been away for a long time so i dont know who to refer you to for repairs sorry, but hopefully now that i got a little info out of you it will make it easier for the others :p

dolgar

Noob Account
Apr 3, 2011
London
thank you so much, hopefully the others will be able to help too :)
Btw: this happened before I did x clamp, the gpu was full of the thing, cleaned really well and added just the necessary compound.

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk
i think youll find he said 0020 which can be a number of things.

try this, write back your original nand image and boot and see what happens.

oh and welcome back mrevo, long time no see.:D

dolgar

Noob Account
Apr 3, 2011
London
Hello, thanks! I have a little newbee problem, I don't know how to do that.. :( I've looked everywhere and no luck.. nor where i can find it, or how to flash it back

MREVOVIII

VIP Member
May 26, 2010
Oregon, USA
xdev.dyndns-server.com
i think youll find he said 0020 which can be a number of things.

try this, write back your original nand image and boot and see what happens.

oh and welcome back mrevo, long time no see.:D
hahahahahaha omg thanks flash!! its been a grip i completely spaced that one out!! :facepalm: im not even gonna try to edit my previous posts.. that was just so sad i cant delete them...

anyways good to here from you!! loooong time.

Last edited:
hahahahahaha omg thanks flash!! its been a grip i completely spaced that one out!! :facepalm: im not even gonna try to edit my previous posts.. that was just so sad i cant delete them...

anyways good to here from you!! loooong time.
Mr.Intel is back :rolleyes2:

Xmods

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2002
did u happen to turn the smc side switch to other settings and make sure it's not in the off position

MREVOVIII

VIP Member
May 26, 2010
Oregon, USA
xdev.dyndns-server.com
Been busy on the I series processors. Though welcome back, I miss your humor.
lol, not to thread jack, but I left right after the Sandy Bridge incident was fixed, and started my own company :p