RGH Nand-X Connection Problem Xenon

Tooth Pick

Noob Account
Jun 6, 2011
Ontario
Hello,

After reading the nands and getting two matching dumps and than writing Xell reloaded, programming the cool runner with the correct files (xenon) it wouldn't boot and I couldn't retrieve my CPU Key. I than tried to flash the original nands back, but than every time I plugged the power brick in, the indicator led on the power brick would turn red. After uninstalling the wires for the cool runner and the nand x wires and checking everything over it still wouldn't work. The next day the power brick led wouldn't turn red and would stay orange, and i could read and write the nand, but on the j-runner log it would say:

Flash Config: 0x01198000
Unknown Flash Config found
This may due to a new console type, bad soldering or hardware failure.
If it isn't the first check your soldering and reset your device.
You can always press ESC to cancel the read/write

Than it prompts me to a message to select my motherboard type and starts reading the nand until it gets to block 200 and starts saying unable to read.

I have a similar problem to this guy: http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80495

I have also read Martin C's Troubleshooting NAND-x connection problems guide (http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77908) and these are my results:

1) 1.50-2.50 V
2) 5.10-5.50 V
3) .30-.50 V
4) 42 ohms
5) 4.99 V
6) 5.74k ohms

Thank you for reading and Please help.

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
Hello,

After reading the nands and getting two matching dumps and than writing Xell reloaded, programming the cool runner with the correct files (xenon) it wouldn't boot and I couldn't retrieve my CPU Key. I than tried to flash the original nands back, but than every time I plugged the power brick in, the indicator led on the power brick would turn red. After uninstalling the wires for the cool runner and the nand x wires and checking everything over it still wouldn't work. The next day the power brick led wouldn't turn red and would stay orange, and i could read and write the nand, but on the j-runner log it would say:

Flash Config: 0x01198000
Unknown Flash Config found
This may due to a new console type, bad soldering or hardware failure.
If it isn't the first check your soldering and reset your device.
You can always press ESC to cancel the read/write

Than it prompts me to a message to select my motherboard type and starts reading the nand until it gets to block 200 and starts saying unable to read.

I have a similar problem to this guy: http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80495

I have also read Martin C's Troubleshooting NAND-x connection problems guide (http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77908) and these are my results:

1) 1.50-2.50 V
2) 5.10-5.50 V
3) .30-.50 V
4) 42 ohms
5) 4.99 V
6) 5.74k ohms

Thank you for reading and Please help.
As for the nand x, someone may be able to help.

But a couple of questions that people may ask are.

How long did you wait for xell to boot?
Please post pictures of all your soldering, as high quality as possible.

To be honest, i sounds like a short somewhere or cold/dry joints.

Reactions: gabrielzapor
L

LoneWolf913

I had something similar to this on my experimental console when I was messing with nandwiches and other things, go over your nand pins with a magnifying glass and look for stray solder that may have spilled on the pins, or on the resistors near the pins. Also if you can post some high-res pics of the nand-x connections and your nand chip area, it'd help to diagnose your issue.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
The dreaded 1198000 flashconfig.

This means you've fecked up when soldering. The fact you were getting a red light on the PSU also confirms this.

I noticed you've not posted any soldering images either. The bad news is if you've removed everything and started again and STILL getting this bad flashconfig, you've damaged something on the board. I still have a motherboard here with this exact same issue (right down to errors after 200) and even after replacing the southbridge I still get the same error. Therefore, unless you can blatently see where the problem is, it's only fit for soldering practice now.

Reactions: Tooth Pick