Nand-x issues =[

shotgunsandwich

Nov 20, 2010
So I Have the nand-x fully installed and I am using coolshrimps mod version 2.12 and I installed xell got my cpu key, installed freeboot and when I turn on my xbox 360 all it does is go back to the xell screen so I was wondering was this because I have a pre nxe console or maybe because When I put my nand in flash tool it says bad keyvault?

Make a new freeBOOT image using Jtag Tool with your CPU Key. Then open it in 360 Flash Dump Tool and see if it decrypts the newly created freeBOOT image using your CPU Key. If it does that and shows your 6BL[CF] and 7BL[CG] to be 12611, then the image is fine.

Then, all you have to do is to write the image to the console and enjoy your new Jtag ;)

Xmods

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2002
So I Have the nand-x fully installed and I am using coolshrimps mod version 2.12 and I installed xell got my cpu key, installed freeboot and when I turn on my xbox 360 all it does is go back to the xell screen so I was wondering was this because I have a pre nxe console or maybe because When I put my nand in flash tool it says bad keyvault?
you have entered the wrong cpu key and most like used the same cpu key to builf your new freeboot image flash back to stock

upgrade to 7371 then dump again and write xellous and look at your cpu key again

shotgunsandwich

Nov 20, 2010
I Did exactly what you said and when I dumped it into flash tool it said the 6BL [CF] and 7BL [CG] to be 4532 =[[[[

shotgunsandwich

Nov 20, 2010
Your right Xmods I tried to revert my xbox back to stock with the same cpu key....What should I do?...I'm a dumbass

shotgunsandwich

Nov 20, 2010
you have entered the wrong cpu key and most like used the same cpu key to builf your new freeboot image flash back to stock

upgrade to 7371 then dump again and write xellous and look at your cpu key again
How do I upgrade to 7371?

Jun 4, 2010
Download the 7371 update from here

coolshrimp

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2009
Canada
Get Jtag tool 2.20 and install like you did the first time this time make sure DVD- Drive is connected..

shotgunsandwich

Nov 20, 2010
Make a new freeBOOT image using Jtag Tool with your CPU Key. Then open it in 360 Flash Dump Tool and see if it decrypts the newly created freeBOOT image using your CPU Key. If it does that and shows your 6BL[CF] and 7BL[CG] to be 12611, then the image is fine.

Then, all you have to do is to write the image to the console and enjoy your new Jtag ;)
I Did exactly what you said and when I dumped it into flash tool it said the 6BL [CF] and 7BL [CG] to be 4532 =[[[[

OK, let's start this from the top. Do you have your original NAND dump? If yes, then write it back. Once your console boots up, update it to 7371 by placing the 7371's $SystemUpdate folder on a USB Drive. Once updated, dump your NAND again. From now on, this new NAND dump will act as your original NAND image for further use. Make sure that you have the correct CPU Key by decrypting your newly dumped NAND image in 360 Flash Dump Tool.

Now, use the latest Jtag Tool to create a freeBOOT v0.4 image for your console using your CPU Key. Then make sure that it has the correct 6BL[CF] and 7BL[CG] i.e. 12611. Also check whether it gets decrypted using your CPU Key. If everything seems fine, write this new freeBOOT v0.4 image to your console, do a power cycle, then turn your console on. Hopefully, you will be greeted with the Welcome screen.

Last edited:

shotgunsandwich

Nov 20, 2010
OK, let's start this from the top. Do you have your original NAND dump? If yes, then write it back. Once your console boots up, update it to 7371 by placing the 7371's $SystemUpdate folder on a USB Drive. Once updated, dump your NAND again. From now on, this new NAND dump will act as your original NAND image for further use. Make sure that you have the correct CPU Key by decrypting your newly dumped NAND image in 360 Flash Dump Tool.

Now, use the latest Jtag Tool to create a freeBOOT v0.4 image for your console using your CPU Key. Then make sure that it has the correct 6BL[CF] and 7BL[CG] i.e. 12611. Also check whether it gets decrypted using your CPU Key. If everything seems fine, write this new freeBOOT v0.4 image to your console, do a power cycle, then turn your console on. Hopefully, you will be greeted with the Welcome screen.
ok thank YOU!! so much and I do not have the original nand dump is there anywhere I can download it?

What? Didn't you dump your NAND before writing XeLL? Well, if you did, the it is your original NAND.

Last edited:

marshamods

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
ohio
Unless you get an exploitable nand from the same type motherboard. Though, never tried it before, but it should work.

shotgunsandwich

Nov 20, 2010

ok awesomeness I recovered my original nand but how do I write it back??

Use the "Remove.bin" option in Jtag Tool and then select your original NAND image. This will write the original NAND image back to the console.

Last edited: