NAND-X JTAG Install Guides JTAG KITS #2, #5, #8, E79

garry_b

Noob Account
Oct 16, 2009
Re: NAND-X Installation Diagrams

so when are we getting an installation video ,as lots of people are seeming to receive there nand-x and BTW im hopefully gonna receive mine next week. so yes i know a lot of people say the diagrams (the photos) explains everything but hey please do try and post a high detailed video of soldering and installation of nandx please.thanks for reading and sorry for my bad English.

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com

so when are we getting an installation video ,as lots of people are seeming to receive there nand-x and BTW im hopefully gonna receive mine next week. so yes i know a lot of people say the diagrams (the photos) explains everything but hey please do try and post a high detailed video of soldering and installation of nandx please.thanks for reading and sorry for my bad English.
Try looking in the guides sections. There are videos to show you how to solder properly and these install pics are EASY to follow.

If you can't follow what you have been given then I really wouldn't be doing any console modding if I were you.

Bleubeard

Noob Account
Jun 4, 2010

I would like to see how you guys are routing the yellow wire to the rol point. After messing this this for a while and not satisfied with how it would fit I said F* it and soldered it to AUD_CLAMP.:D

Exactly my thought.

Anyway, I still haven't got my Nand-X. Perhaps, because of me living in Saudi Arabia, I haven't got it. I have already spent over $130 in order to get...Still nothing. I had pre-ordered mine through MrModchips, but without any reason they cancel my order, saying it as "VOID". Modchip.ca is saying that my order is "Under Investigation", while the amount of the order has already been deducted from my account...

So, still hoping that I get my Nand-X soon..............

Bleubeard

Noob Account
Jun 4, 2010

Thanks for the pics Xmods. I think this will help some other people, but I am going to stick with AUD_CLAMP for mine.

LetsDoDamage

Noob Account
Mar 1, 2010
Devon, UK
Re: NAND-X Installation Guides *UPDATED JUNE 8TH*

Ahhh those new pictures explain a lot... Shame I've already screwed up my Xenon points. Beyond repair unfortunately, so let that be a warning to everyone. Gotta try and solder the JTAG wires straight to the copper tracks now... Fun.

Updated with some new images and info
Great update. It's much more better to read now...Especially for Noobs :cool:

ALICE

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2006

Thx a lot!!!! really i appreciate it!!!! so now i can jtag my baby !!!!!! ahahahahahahahhahhaa;):D

gnutellafan

Noob Account
Feb 23, 2003

Thank you for the update! Much better.

Can you add some details/tips for using quick solder pads? I know there are a lot of soldering guides out there, but I can't find any for quick solder pads, and have never used them before.

allegrosurf

Noob Account
Mar 22, 2010

hands on the product, i just finished jtag my xbox it took not too long. its only 20-30minutes from soldering, dumping and flashing back. love this product easy to install and work like a charm. good job xecuter team

Arandul

Noob Account
Mar 12, 2010

Dear Xecuter,

3rd or 4th time poster, long time fan, my question to you is, what is the MFR No. for the male pin headers that you use. I'm having a hard time finding the right size online, and the ones at the local electronics factory were too big in pin size...so I'm going to just have to find the specific ones that you include in the packaging.

Just anywhere I can find the breakaway type of the same size and spacing.

This is for using the pin header method on multiple systems of mine and whatnot.

Ubergeek

Noob Account
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA

Thank you for the update! Much better.

Can you add some details/tips for using quick solder pads? I know there are a lot of soldering guides out there, but I can't find any for quick solder pads, and have never used them before.
soldering is soldering - doesnt matter what it is you are soldering.

soldering is EASY as long as you use a 15-30W iron MAX and that you use flux ALL the time - this is the most #1 important thing and its also the most ignored thing. I hate it when I see pepole post pics of their messy soldering and its clear they didn't use any flux ! I personally use a Chemtronics No-Clean Flux Dispensing Pen.

Ubergeek

Noob Account
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA

Dear Xecuter,

3rd or 4th time poster, long time fan, my question to you is, what is the MFR No. for the male pin headers that you use. I'm having a hard time finding the right size online, and the ones at the local electronics factory were too big in pin size...so I'm going to just have to find the specific ones that you include in the packaging.

This is for using the pin header method on multiple systems of mine and whatnot.
http://www.modtraders.co.uk/xecuter-nand-x-pin-headers.html

Kacosa

Noob Account
May 12, 2007
HAWAII

nice, yea those Updates are useful.

JOCKz

Noob Account
Feb 17, 2010
Melbourne, Australia

Dear Xecuter,

Your looking for 2.00x2.00mm pitch headers !!

Arandul

Noob Account
Mar 12, 2010

Thanks JOCKz! Helped with finding the specifics. Before I order a metric sh** ton, are these the right type?

I had found another catalog that had the exact kind that came with the nand-x kit, but it included that and about 5 other pin headers/pitch headers.

Support Our Sponsors