NAND-X LED INSTALLATION TUTORIAL

Feb 22, 2012
I have also used this tutorial thnkyou

I put the led's on top and risistors underneath

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Sep 11, 2011
has anyone tried this with blue or red leds? I don't really like green all that much but I'm afraid it might not look too good with any color but green.

reefz3ro

VIP Member
May 30, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
has anyone tried this with blue or red leds? I don't really like green all that much but I'm afraid it might not look too good with any color but green.
blue would be the same in the tut but for red you would want to change the resistor to 1/8w 150ohms

blue/green/white/pink led would need the 100ohm resistor

orange/yellow/red would need the 150 ohm resistor

reefz3ro

VIP Member
May 30, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
First off i would like to thank rdubbs007 for the easy tutorial!

I wanted led's on top and bottom tho so this is how I did that, keep in mind that my install is less than satisfactory in my opinion only due to the fact that I only had 1/4 watt resistors lying around and i feel they are quite huge for this application and it looks sloppy I think. I will also say sorry for the pic quality I need a new camera and it really shows bad here.

Here is a pic of the top of the nand-x you can see the red wire is getting power for the led's on the bottom of the nand-x you can also see which side is the positive on the led's on top so you know which side to solder the power wire to. Viewing the nand-x so you can read the writing on top, the Left side led's power is on the Right and the Right side led's power is on the Left

Here is a pic of the bottom of the nand-x you can see what I mean by the 1/4 watt resistors are large for this application and would be better with smd or at least 1/8watt also you can see were I got ground for the bottom led's its at the bottom left were the 4 resistors connect also from the top its a hole marked GND on the bottom right.

Here is a pic of the top put back together and illuminated with pink led's

Here is a pic of the bottom put back together and illuminated with green led's

The resistors you use will vary depending on led color you pic but i used 68ohm for the pink on top and 100ohm for the green on bottom and I used 30gauge wire for the power wire from top led to power the bottom led

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2012
You want to watch how much you are drawing from your USB don't over do it

You could have used a 100 ohm for each corner and put the LEDs in series and run 2 even Tho you needed 68 ohm for the others the first led would have used enuf energy to take care of this

Last edited:

reefz3ro

VIP Member
May 30, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
You could have used a 100 ohm for each corner and put the LEDs in series and run 2 even Tho you needed 68 ohm for the others the first led would have used enuf energy to take care of this
There is not enough source voltage to run them in series.

I could have run them in parallel and it would have looked cleaner but only having 1/4 resistor on hand it was gonna be ugly anyways so I felt it was easier to wire each one individual and let the leg of the resistor hold the led in place.

kitty&bear

Noob Account
May 5, 2017
Cool never knew there was even a place on the board to mount any LEDs, Will give this a go and post back. Thanks for the tut

Support Our Sponsors