Nand-X/nandpro dump problems

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
I got my Nand-X RGH Edition and Cool Runner in the mail today, I tried to solder the QSB over the solder points, I wasn't able to read the nand and after multiple errors: "Looking for usb interface device, can not continue" and "could not detect a flash controller", I search and it all came back to the "solder job", so I decided to skip the QSB and cut the pin header connectors of another cable and solder them directly to the points (see the pictures). It all looks good from the naked eye, I couldn't get Hi-Res pics but, The Cool Runner is flashed for trinity but its still soldered to the QSB and not really connected at the moment.

Also is this the command I use for nandpro for Slim Trinity?
Code:
nandpro usb: -r16 nand1.bin

webnomix

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.webnomix.com
Dear God, i'm not quite sure what you are trying to do there:smile:

Start with the nand-x wiring- it looks like you have the yellow in the wrong place (but hard to tell).

I would desolder the coolrunner for the moment. Also better pics if poss?

---------- Post added at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

I would also install JRunner and use that rather than nandpro if you are not sure what you are doing.

Reactions: gangrel_1313

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
Dear God, i'm not quite sure what you are trying to do there:smile:

Start with the nand-x wiring- it looks like you have the yellow in the wrong place (but hard to tell).

I would desolder the coolrunner for the moment. Also better pics if poss?

---------- Post added at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

I would also install JRunner and use that rather than nandpro if you are not sure what you are doing.
I had a feeling I would get a comment about that..lol That pic is a little deceiving, the yellow wire is just lying down, its really soldered just below the orange wire.

EDIT* I'll try to get better pics if I can.

Last edited:

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
Here are some better ones.. Now first let me tell you how I did what I did, I heated them up from the backside and put the wire to the front rather than try to solder them with solder and it seemed to worked they stuck and are not touching (even thought it doesn't look pretty, I was just doing that long enough to try and get a dump)...

webnomix

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.webnomix.com
Hmm. I don't think you are really going to achieve that much with the wireing as it stands. At the very least I would twist the wire ends and tin them.

I would also work with each solder point. If you flux first, then hit them with a small amount of leaded solder, it will make the leadfree stuff thats in the hole much easier to work with. The only change to that is the yellow, which is much harder to melt. In that case I would just dab solder on top until you have built a solid connection to solder to.

My advice would be to get yourself to a local electronics store and grab some breadboard wire and heat shrink. Breadboard wire is a thin, solid copper core, and its easy to work with multiple times. Make some decent connections between the wire ends and the copper breadboard wire and heat shrink them. You will then have a working connection you can trust.

Last edited:
Hmm. I don't think you are really going to achieve that much with the wireing as it stands. At the very least I would twist the wire ends and tin them.

I would also work with each solder point. If you flux first, then hit them with a small amount of leaded solder, it will make the leadfree stuff thats in the hole much easier to work with. The only change to that is the yellow, which is much harder to melt. In that case I would just dab solder on top until you have built a solid connection to solder to.

My advice would be to get yourself to a local electronics store and grab some breadboard wire and heat shrink. Breadboard wire is a thin, solid copper core, and its easy to work with multiple times. Make some decent connections between the wire ends and the copper breadboard wire and heat shrink them. You will then have a working connection you can trust.
You didn't flash the cr while in the case nd hooked up did you? It's always better to flash it out of the box

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
You didn't flash the cr while in the case nd hooked up did you? It's always better to flash it out of the box
As it is right now, the CR is not hooked up other than the yellow and blue wires going to the back of the motherboard, I just have the nandx connected, not having any luck with J-Runner either. I came across this thread that is similar, same motherboard and same issue I'm getting, he had good solder job, so I'm wondering if it isn't something else.

Here are some better ones.. Now first let me tell you how I did what I did, I heated them up from the backside and put the wire to the front rather than try to solder them with solder and it seemed to worked they stuck and are not touching (even thought it doesn't look pretty, I was just doing that long enough to try and get a dump)...

[URL=http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5711/92451093.th.jpg]Link To Image[/URL]

[URL=http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2317/16880703.th.jpg]Link To Image[/URL]

To be honest I would take those wires off and add a tiny bit of solder to each point and attach the wire to the front the right way cause I am pretty sure u have a problem with your soldering

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

Another thing I notice is your black wire is got a bad solder connection

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
I'll give it another go tomorrow.

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
attach the wire to the front the right way

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

Another thing I notice is your black wire is got a bad solder connection
they were on the front, I just heated them from the back and attached them on the front.

I desoldered them a few minutes ago and shorten the tips and reattached them, much cleaner looking but still no go. I'm wondering if its a nand-x problem (nandpro gives a Looking for USB interface device and J-runner gives Flash Config: 0x00000000 Can not Continue Can not continue),

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
I have a question, I'm reading other threads too, is the 360 PSU supposed to be plugged in?

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
Yes

Sent from my Brain Tumor causing Device using Tapatalk

Please give Thanks and Rep if I have helped you
Plugged in but Xbox off correct?

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA